AuthorMessage
Fallon Haestus
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male 40

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   February 16th 2017, 1:11 pm

Fallon arched but one brow at the intrigue of Draven's statement while he gave the two vehicles parked outside the Cathedral a very steady, analyzing once-over.  Both were high-end cars, obviously, but aside from that, Fallon didn't know anything about cars, really.  Their color, exact shape, length, height and width were carefully taken note of in the few seconds he had before Draven pulled to a stop and parked in front of the large Cathedral doors.  These were details of import to Fallon, as you never know when it will be prudent to identify the vehicle of a Vitae.  But as for the two of them, they were no where to be seen, and at a guess, likely within the towering and ancient looking building already.

"Erh, the two of who, exactly?  I met quite a few Vampires in the past 2 days, but none of them were an elder.  I only know this because of the pressures.  I only met one Vampire who's aura pressure was greater than my own, and it was only barely.  His name was Sebastian, and said he was Dimensia."  The words just kind of kept coming after his question.  Must have been that blood, because he felt awful peppy all of a sudden.

He had just mentioned the Vampire's name when he pulled the door handle and pushed it open, then stepped out into the lovely cool air of the night.  He took in a deep breath through his nose, and savored in the scent of the nearby cemetery, the smell of death long-passed-by that had grown to a place very near his heart in the past 400 years, as it has almost always accompanied safety of the caliber that one could actually relax within.  He loved that smell.

"Nice guy, he was.  Quite friendly, but not imposing." He absent-mindedly added while he drew in another deep breath of what he affectionately would call the 'air of death.'

~~~~~~~~~~
Colour claim: #00CCFF
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draven
Site Owner
Site Owner

Female 439

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   February 16th 2017, 2:41 pm

As if my day wasn't shit enough. She thought to herself before killing the Wraith's engine and stepping out of it. She ran the fingertips of her left hand above her brow slightly as if she were attempting to ward off a headache.

"Lavra the Vitae for the Acontinum and Markus the Vitae of the Mortuus are both arrogant, cocky and know-it-alls. Beyond that, Markus does not respect my authority. Call him old fashioned, but he does not like taking orders from a woman it seems. He is not powerful enough to obtain the throne of Sanguine and he resents it. Lavra means well, but he sometimes does not know when to keep his mouth shut."

She turned to Fallon for a moment, a devilish glint in her otherwise inhuman eyes. It made her seem more Demonic than Vampiric in a way.

"The mood I am in tonight, it would be wise if they both remained seen and not heard, but I am very doubtful it will go as I hope it will. Markus was especially resentful when I married Dasani five centuries ago."

The Montriarch paused for a moment as she ascended the wide marble steps leading to the large, double doors with their red hued stained glass. She approached them, reaching out with her hand against the palm plate beside the door. It scanned her prints with a bright red light. A mechanical, feminine voice floated out.

Welcome, Lady Draven. Please have Master Fallon enter his data.

She removed her hand, gesturing towards the palm plate. "Customary for all Vitae's." She said simply by way of explaination, though she was quite sure he already knew that.

~~~~~~~~~~
Color Claim:#00ff00
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bloodchronicles.net
Fallon Haestus
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male 40

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   February 22nd 2017, 9:55 am

Fallon shook his head with a smile at the talking door, a thing that he had gotten used to already, but still amused him.  A door.  That talks.  To you specifically.  The smile evolved into a wide grin as he reached out at the pad.

"So, I just....put me hand here?"

He said as he slapped his palm lightly on top of the reader.  An outline of a hand appeared on it, and Fallon spread his fingers to match the spacing, and the scan began.  His mind swam with other matters, and he found himself looking around the room impatiently while the door did it's thing.  After several seconds, he felt a sharp pinch on the heel of his hand, and as such his hand shot back from it fingers writhing as he pulled the palm up to his face to see a small puncture that was rapidly closing.

"A bit of warning might've done."He chuckled out, the smile already resurfacing from the slightly confused look he wore.

~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draven
Site Owner
Site Owner

Female 439

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   February 22nd 2017, 5:31 pm

"Hmm, perhaps, but then where would the fun be in that. I have to keep you on your toes somehow, Fallon." Came the Montriarch's amused reply. With the new data in the system, the Faboan Vitae would now have access to everything the other Elders did. Something that Markus would not be pleased with. She could already feel the tension in the air and it was nearly palpable. Deliberately, she entered the Cathedral first. As if on que, the Mortuus stood waiting in the atrium. He was, as always, immaculately dressed in an expensive black suit custom tailored to his leanm wiry frame. Dark hair was slicked back away from his angular face. There was an expression of interest on his face, but it soon faded when Fallon stepped in behind her. Disdain became evident in his expression as he looked over the younger Vampire from head to toe.

"Tell me this is not the so called Faboan?"

Draven scoffed faintly. "Much to your disgust, but my extreme delight, it is. Fallon Haestus, this is Markus Dupri, Vitae for the Mortuus." She gestured almost half-heartedly, moving slightly out of the way and take a step to her left.

"I did not realize Sanguine was now accepting his kind."

Red flashed in the Montriarch's eyes, signaling the flair in her anger. "And what do you mean by that, Markus?"

"Inexperienced. Naieve. Trouble. He will serve no good to us here. I warned you of this before with Dasani."

Without warning, her power lashed out. She called to the blood that flowed in Markus' veins. Her blood that had made him what he now was. He was ripped up off of the floor a good ten feet above its polished surface. His back was bowed with the pain of it.

"I gave you life, Markus. I can take it away just as easily. I have tolerated your insults and your back handed comments for centuries. Tonight is not a night I will put up with it. Not any longer. I am Montriarch, not you. You are not fit nor strong enough to rule Sanguine. Until the day that you are, my word is Law."

Just as quickly as he had been lifted, he was dropped, landing in a coughing heap upon the floor. With a gracefuly gesture of her hand, she addressed the Vampire behind her.

"Come, Fallon. I have a gift for you." She said casually, making her way towards the large round table that sat in the very center of the Cathedral. Around the table were numerable high-backed chairs made from well cared for, polished black stained wood. Each chair held the symbol of their respective Bloodline. To the right of Draven's was a chair that had been covered with black cloth. This had been where Dasani had sat during the gatherings, her right hand as Head of Security. A position in which they desperately needed and with the Faboan's background, who would better suit it? As she passed by the chair, she reached up and pulled the cloth down. Beneath it was a new chair designed similiarly to the others. Only this one held the symbol Fallon had hand picked for his Bloodline. Since Dasani's departure from Sanguine, the chair had remained covered. The new one had come in last night and she had it finally replaced.

"I had it handcrafted in Ireland. It came in last night and I had Samuel have the movers place it here. Consider this your welcome gift. The right hand is reserved for the Head of Security, a position in which I feel you would suit very well."

~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
Vangelo
Vitae
Vitae

Male 33

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   February 22nd 2017, 8:01 pm

"If you want, I can add Marcus to my list. It'll look better with two Vitaes on it, instead of just one," came Vangelos voice, from right behind Fallon. The Vampire himself stepped out of the shadows, taking care to tread on Markus' custom-fit suit jacket, and moved around to his own chair.

"Nice chair," he remarked, casting the remark to Fallon, as he allowed himself to sink into his seat. Once there, he fished a book from an inner fold of his long coat and flipped it open. At a glance, the text appeared to be hand-written, the pages were yellowed, and the spine of the book worn, from what appeared to be frequent use of the book.

"Of course, Draven's is the nicest," he concluded, letting his purple-hued eyes rise from the book to his Sire, and then to her newest acquisition. "Although it doesn't swivel. Which, honestly, I think all the Council chairs should do."

~~~~~~~~~~
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fallon Haestus
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male 40

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   February 27th 2017, 11:57 am

Fallon had been knelt down by the right arm of the chair, having a closer look at the smoothed over knots in the wood used for each of the arms.  The difference was very minimal, but to a discerning eye like Fallon's picked it right out, and closer inspection revealed that each arm of the chair had been fashioned from blackthorn wood.  He ran his fingertips over the smoothed surface of it, appealing to the touch.  Such a gift.

Vangelo's comment about the chairs swiveling caused a brief chuckle to pop from Fallon's mouth, but was pretty immediately stamped out as he looked across the table at each of the chairs and realized that he was not hardly wrong.

"I think you have something there.  Good to see you again, Vangelo."  Fallon nodded toward him with a smile.

He'd acted as though he'd completely ignored the incident with Markus, but it was not.  Fallon simply felt that after everyone was here, it would make out-bursts like that less likely, if for no other reason than ceremony.  An assumption that would be tested soon.  Just then, Fallon's calm smile fell away, his brows deeply furrowing as he spun back around to face Draven.

"My goodness, please forgive me for the absent mind.  Thank you, Draven.  The chair is lovely, I greatly appreciate it."

~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draven
Site Owner
Site Owner

Female 439

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   February 27th 2017, 3:30 pm

Draven hummed quietly for a moment as she took in the Vega's commentary about swivel chairs. She could see it now, all of the Vitae's swirling around in circles like five year olds. She snorted faintly, running her fingertips in a gesture; that seemed oddly intimate, seductive and reflective all at the same time, along the back of Fallon's chair.

"Not a wise idea, V. I fear the lot of you would spin yourselves in circles for hours and nothing productive would be accomplished." A slightly wicked grin curled a single corner of her mouth as she moved gracefully into her own chair, sitting down regally. "Besides, mine already swivels." She teased, shifting her weight just enough to allow the all black wooden chair to spin in a slow circle. She spread her arms slightly, hands out as the spin stopped so she was facing forward once more.

Her gaze shifted back to the Faboan as he inspected his new chair. A smile graced her lips, a genuine one that she had not expressed in over five years. "You are more than welcome, Fallon. May it serve you well. There is also another that will be sent to your estate once you chose one. It is a bit smaller, but still made the same. All the other Vitae's have one as well. It serves as a symbol of their authority."

She contemplated both of them for a moment, but her thoughts were broken when Lavra cleared his throat, bringing her focus to the Vitae of the Acontinum.

"The others are arriving." He informed the Montriarch before taking his own seat nearly across the table from her. There was a faint wince in his expression as her gaze landed on him, a pitch to his body language. Did he already know of Dasani and Radraven's death? Her eyes narrowed faintly as she watched him and she was given a very subtle nod that would be nearly imperceptable to anyone else. How had he found out before the others? Draven felt the bitter acid of tears burning the back of her throat and she turned her attention elsewhere. Uncounciously, her eyes fell on Fallon, latching on to the inhuman blue color of his own gaze. It lasted perhaps a split second, but she felt an understanding there, a passing of knowledge that remained unspoken.

~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
Vangelo
Vitae
Vitae

Male 33

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   March 3rd 2017, 1:05 pm

Vangelo snorted and lifted his gaze from his book, to look at Draven.

"We barely get anything productive done anyways, Boss. Why would swivel chairs change that?" he asked, smirking softly, before lowering his eyes back to his book.

He read for a moment longer, and looked up again when Lavra spoke.
"Hopefully, they take care to step on Markus, like I did. He's used to being stepped on, so a few more foot-prints on his fancy suit jacket shouldn't bother him so much," he remarked, turning his head to stare at Markus, dislike clear on his face.

The Mortuus was a Vitae, but that didn't mean Vangelo had to like him. In fact, Vangelo often went out of his way to "accidently" insure that Markus ended up with a Vega bootprint on his coat whenever he had the chance, much like he had done when he entered the room.

~~~~~~~~~~
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanguine NPC
RPG Moderator
RPG Moderator

Male 2

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   March 3rd 2017, 6:36 pm

Kenyon was the first to enter the Cathedral. He wore, as usual, an expression of brooding indifference. Long jet black hair was kept loose and flowing past his broad shoulders, nearly blending in with an expensive black button down shirt tucked into hip hugging black leather pants. Well worn motorcycle boots barely tapped along the marble floor as he walked with purpose across the atrium. His eerie gaze, nearly white gaze made him appear blind when in fact he could see almost as well as Draven. He ignored Markus for the time being, who was in his own brooding corner, brushing dirt off of his expensive custom suit. He let his gaze flicker over the others, noticing that Lavra and Vangelo had their noses buried in a book. It was not unusual behavior for the Acontinum Vitae to do so, but for the Vega it was just slightly off character. Not that he thought that Vangelo didn't read but he had never been witness to such an event in person. The falter in his step seemed to alert the Montriarch for he felt the weight of her gaze immediately shift to him. He saw the rare smile that graced her lips, a genuine gesture that he had not witnessed in several years. What had caused her to smile like that? Curiousity got the best of him and Kenyon let his eyes wander over to the right of her where she had been facing. A young man that appeared no older than perhaps late twenties to early thirties knelt inspecting one of the Vitae chairs. Was this the new Vitae that had been mentioned? Upon closer inspection, he could sense the other man's power pressing outward. Was he not a Leucetius? That amount of aura would certainly peg him for one.

"Well, if it isn't our brooding Dark Prince out from what ever rock he crawled out of." The familiar cheery tone of Karise, the Vitae for the Spectral immediately had Kenyon's back stiffen.

"I do not brood." He replied almost haughitly.

"Ken, if you brooded anymore, you would make it a sport, my friend."

The Aluka snorted faintly and moved towards his chair which had been moved a few places down from the Montriarch. They all knew why it had been moved and none of them faulted her for it. Kenyon most of all knew what it felt like to loose apart of your soul. Karise was right, he did brood and he had a good reason to. Centuries ago, he had lost the love of his life. Kain, one of Draven's elder Children had swept Radraven out from under him. A decade ago, he left her alone and broken for Kenyon to pick up the pieces, but she had never recovered and had sought her fathers companionship in Europe.

His gaze caught Draven's once more and there was a sadness there that he could not fathom. He watched her dark eyes almost immediately water before she blinked and looked away from him.

"Kenyon, might I speak with you privately for a moment before the others arrive?" Her methodical voice inquired. Without waiting for an answer, she stood gracefully from her seat and moved to the opposite side of the room where a door to a small alcove waited. The alcove was more of a short hall that led to the stair case of the second floor. It was this floor in which she led the way. She said nothing as they entered her office and remained just as eerily silent until the door clicked shut softly behind him.

"I want to take this moment to speak with you about something very important." She leaned against the edge of the antique desk and sighed deeply before running the palms of her hands over her face. "It has been recently brought to my attention that the Council we have been attempting to set up in Europe failed. It failed because both Dasani and Radraven were killed."

The Aluka felt his world shrink. "How?" He said, asking the only thing he could think of in that moment.

"I do not know all the details just yet, but I thought you should know before anyone else. Fallon and Vangelo know as they were with me when the letter was delivered. It seems that Trine will be returning to Sanguine. A letter was delivered by Quinn this evening. It had been hand written by Trine, claiming that he had killed both of them."

He was silent for a moment. "Was its validity confirmed?"

Draven let her gaze drop to the floor. "Yes. Vangelo confirmed it with a contact in London. Dasani's headless remains were found along side my daughters."

Kenyon cursed in Latin and immediately moved closer to pull the Montriarch into his arms. It was with that gesture, he felt the strong woman break. Her tiny frame shook when his arms came around her.

"I am sorry, Draven. So very sorry."

"So am I, Kenyon. I know you loved her."

"Apparently not nearly enough. Had I asked her to stay here in Sanguine, perhaps she wouldn't be-"

She pulled back away from him for a moment. "You know as well as I do that she was very strong willed. Once she had her mind set on something, there was almost no persuading her to change her mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Li Jenjadi

Male 9

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   March 8th 2017, 1:37 am

"The rest of the Council should be coming in shortly, Draven," came a soft voice from the door way, as a man stepped in, his hands folded into his jacket sleeves. "And no, they won't be stepping on Marcus," he continued, his face a calm mask as he turned his head to face Vangelo for a moment, before turning back to Draven.

"Also, I moved the car. It seems there's going to be a drunk coming through the parking lot here shortly, and I figured you'd rather have Markus' car crashed into, instead of yours," he finished, bowing slightly to her, turning his head slightly to wink at Vangelo.

Turning, finally, to face Fallon, he bowed. "A pleasure to meet you, at last, Master Fallon. I wasn't sure when you'd finally arrive, but it's a pleasure to finally meet you in person."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Shadows of Blood
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2