View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Draven
Site Owner
Site Owner

Female 439

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Star Wars; Darkness and Light - Plot Info and Rules   January 12th 2017, 2:47 pm

Star Wars; Darkness and Light

Set after the events in the Force Awakens. Supreme Leader Snoke has sent a powerful Force sensitive user named Drayga to use her skills in order to protect Kylo Ren. Though he is powerful in his own right, Snoke feels that Ren is still vulnerable to the influence of the Light Side. There is a past between Drayga and Ren that seems to have made them bitter enemies, but how much of that is hatred and how much of that is the passion that the Dark Side has always claimed to embrace? Only time will tell.

If you wish to join, please shoot either myself, Drayga, or Kozan Saad a PM. You may take the role of an already existing character, or create an original one. The choice is yours, however I will need someone to play the role of Kylo Ren. Please keep in mind this is both and Action RPG and a Romance one.

Last edited by Draven on January 21st 2017, 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bloodchronicles.net
Kinta Sarrai
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Female 96

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars; Darkness and Light - Plot Info and Rules   January 20th 2017, 7:10 pm

Rules of the Star Wars RPG

The rules here will be fairly straight forward and simple. Please be sure to read them before creating a character or posting.

1. Character Creation - Please be sure to keep everything about your character believable according to the Star Wars Lore. We do not want "gods" popping up where they do not belong. Kozan is a Pureblood Sith with an explination about his past and how he came to be in the more current Force Awakens timeline. Drayga has a connection with the Nightsisters and the Pureblood Sith in her past via ancestors. Both characters are believable and fit into the story. All new characters will be approved by either myself or Kozan. If there is something that we feel does not fit or should be changed, we will give you some advice or suggestions on what we think would fit. You may either choose to use them or find something else more suitable.

2. Surroundings - As Kozan stated in his post, know your surroundings. Though you do not have to post exactly which path your character has take to get somewhere, if you are explaining their time aboard a ship, it would be best to include as much information as possible so that other players do not get confused and miss or explain anything wrong in their replies. Be aware of where the other players characters are in relation to yours.

3. Read carefully - This is rather important. Please be sure to read through each post carefully. Some of us can write rather lengthy posts. Take your time and read through everything carefully. There may be important details that you could miss if you skim over it.

4. Jedi and Sith - We do not want an entire cast of all Sith or all Jedi running amok all over the galaxy. We need other characters such as Bounty Hunters, Smugglers and other various classes and races. There will be very few Pureblood Sith that are being accepted so this will be more of a first come, first served basis. The same goes for the Dark Side. There will be only a handful of Dark Side Force users accepted since we do not want too many oblitherating the masses with chaos and destruction.

5. Have fun - I started this for fun. I was inspired by watching The Force Awakens and had an idea that has been growing via discussion with Kozan. If you would like to add something, you can PM either one of us directly and we will discuss it among ourselves to see what we can run with, or use. Do not worry, you will get credit for your ideas. (:

Anything else to add, Kozan? (:

~~~~~~~~~~
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draven
Site Owner
Site Owner

Female 439

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars; Darkness and Light - Plot Info and Rules   February 9th 2017, 7:30 pm

Star Wars NPC account created

Username: Star Wars NPC
Password: theforce

~~~~~~~~~~
Color Claim:#00ff00
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bloodchronicles.net
Kozan Saad
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Male 45

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars; Darkness and Light - Plot Info and Rules   February 13th 2017, 10:11 am

I do only have a few things to add, you've covered most everything common.  One uncommon thing that I want to bring up is the effects of actions that your character performs, most specifically, I mean the shift of Light and Dark in a Force-user.  Whether you start Light or Dark, your actions should have a "corrupting" effect on your alignment.  If you repeatedly perform good acts, make emotional connections and/or fall in love as a Dark-sider, there is an extreme likelihood that it will have a long lasting effect against your alignment to the Dark and ability to use certain powers as effectively as you otherwise would.

Within this realm should be recognized that the association of the acts and emotional state of the Force-user in question to instinctively learn new abilities that are of the opposing alignment and advancing, unwittingly or intentionally, away from the alignment that you started with.  You are in control of your character, but in the regard of realism to the universe we are playing in, you can't have a Jedi repeatedly kill people, even in defense, without thereby causing changes in the Jedi. As Jedi Master would advise all students during training, igniting the lightsaber or fighting by any extent, should be considered the absolute last option that a Jedi is capable of choosing in ANY situation.  

Likewise, if you're a Sith Marauder and you continually choose to save ally's lives or grow too close or fond of someone, ALL of which are very uncommon outside of necessary practicality, it should cause them to continue to grow more and more likely to act that way, and further and further away from violent approaches.  This is a commonly known effect among Force-users, movies, canon and lore.  Kylo Ren himself has an extreme aptitude to sway to the Light side of the Force, and must constantly focus himself toward the Dark to remain there, a constant evidence of this 'corrupting' influence of actions or disposition of either side.

To sum all of that up, be realistic to the universe.  If you want to be evil, keep being evil.  Want to be good, probably shouldn't just run around killing, even in self-defense.  Jedi are plenty capable of rendering almost any opponent impotent without even causing moderate injury.   I myself will be keeping a very accurate and constant display of this balance in this character of mine, Kozan Saad.  His incredibly evil and shelter-from-good characteristics are a huge influence on him and his actions, but his growing close to Drayga, who become Kinta Sarrai, his pupil, and later on his mate.  He has gone out of his plans for her, rescued her at least twice that have thus far been mentioned from possible or certain death, developed feelings he's never known or experienced before, and had fallen in love with her admittedly.

Absolute every single one of these actions will have a lasting effect on him, his alignment, his abilities and his personality and I will display these changes in my posts to reflect the fact that this 'corruption of the Light' is taking place within Saad.  His final alignment and goals will be determined as this story unfolds, and will also be subject to ALL joining characters to the storyline that affect Saad's storyline arc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kinta Sarrai
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Female 96

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars; Darkness and Light - Plot Info and Rules   February 18th 2017, 4:43 pm

An absolutely valid point and I couldn't agree more. With Kinta, she has always been border line Dark/Light. She will continue to be so until there are times when more of the other shows. With her feelings for Kozan, she will seem more on the Light Side unless she feels that ther Bond is threatened or she feels that he has been threatened. Then out comes the Dark Side. Hell hath no furry like a woman and all that jazz. And since Kylo Ren has betrayed her, knowing that she was dying on Korriban and yet never sought her out, she is absolutely feeling scorned.

~~~~~~~~~~
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Star Wars; Darkness and Light - Plot Info and Rules
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1