AuthorMessage
Kinta Sarrai
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Female 96

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Light   January 26th 2017, 4:44 pm

A smirk passed briefly over her features as she successfully bypassed into the Finalizer's communications. It had taken a total of perhaps ten seconds. She stepped back from the console.

We are in their systems, Taral and I have given Lo'ska your orders.

"You there! What do you think you're doing down here?" Came the garbled voice of a masked Stormtrooper. "Put your hands up where I can see them."

Kinta sneered faintly beneath the darkness of her hood.

"A very poor choice of words." Without warning, she spun, her left hand lashing out with lethal accuracy. This time instead of a small lightsaber, a sharp bladed knife was thrown at the Trooper. It struck the very center of his head, embedded deep into his flesh. He immediately fell backwards against the wall and slid down, leaving a trail of blood in his wake.

------

She did as he instructed and layed face down on the stone slab. The back of her armor was open, revealing the scarred flesh beneath. Since the wounds were still not healed, she was unable to have anything touch them yet. She slept in nothing but her skin and a blanket only pulled up to her waist. The last time anything had touched those wounds, she had lashed out and nearly caught Kozan in the jaw with her fist. It was as if the words of the Sith Code had become a ritual with the spreading of the paste on her wounds. He spoke them every time he tended to her now. Lately, she had found herself chanting them with him, both in Basic and in the Sith dialect.

"Through passion, I gain strength. Pro shâsot nu gauti tyûk. Through strength, I gain power. Pro tyûk, nu gauti midwan. Through power, I gain victory. Pro midwan, nu gauti pergaleas. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me. Pro pergaleas nuyak th'itsu aras svistuis. Tave Qyâsik sekleti won nun."

Feeling at ease, she allowed her eyes to fall closed, secretly anticipating the moment when he would touch her. She wasn't sure when she had begun to enjoy it, or look forward to these moments. She didn't view it as a weakness, merely a curiousity, a shift in emotions that confused her and left her with more questions than answers.

Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kozan Saad
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Male 45

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Light   January 26th 2017, 4:58 pm

He had completely ignored the intrusion as Sarrai handled the foolish lone man. He turned around, walking back to the Storm Trooper who he'd stabbed in the throat, and pressed the palm of his hand down into the pool of blood, then promptly raised it to his face and smeared blood from the left eye directly down in a clear, albeit smeared, hand print.  He did it to make obvious the fact that he was covered in blood and had slaughtered all who opposed him.  First though, he removed one of those stone frogs from his robes with his left hand and pressed down on the blue mineral with his thumb.  Ever thinking ahead and knowing he should not remove his mask until they leave the ship, he had pre-recorded a short message into this frog, and it's receiver was the Sith Meditation Sphere.

Return to the airlock I entered through upon Sarrai's command for pick up

The message, a quivering and direct line through the Force, unheard and unnoticeable to almost all, broadcast for a single second while the blue mineral glowed, and when it subsided Saad dropped it onto the floor and stomped his foot down on it, rendering it fragments and dust, then scattered it into the torn open floor.  He took a single look at Sarrai before stepping into the range of the holoreceiver, his glowing eyes and blood stained mask mostly all that was visible.  Portions of his red robes showed in the bottom corners, but it's unlikely anyone noticed or cared once Saad began to speak.

"I know that you are all confused and afraid.  I can feel your fear and doubt.  The stink of it is palpable on this ship.  Your massive Dreadnought is crippled, unable to scan or target, and my fleet approaches.  Know now that Kylo Ren lies nearly broken, as I recently sensed, he is in your infirmary now.  So too are dozens of your comrades who held arms against me in my retrieval of my property and companion, including the Knights of Ren.  I came here for what was mine, and I have taken it all back from your supposed Empire of Sith.  Brought your best to his knees and killed the rest. And yes, 1 man and 1 woman did this to you, to your impervious and expansive war vessel."

At this point, he reached up to the mouth portion of his mask, running his claws down it's surface.

"You will all see my face soon enough, and that of the true Pureblood Sith race.  But I urge you to consider how if only 2 can cripple your master's best and most powerful as well as this, his grandest and most potent craft, how great can this 'Supreme Leader' Snoke be?  I seek to take the throne of the galaxy, and I will have it.  How many of you die is entirely up to all of you, for I do not wish to conquor dead worlds, I want the planet, system and peoples within intact.  Resistance will beget death and destruction.  My companion and I will now leave, and you will wait here to see if your Supreme Leader will come save you, make your choice wisely."  He finished with a flash as he electrocuted the holoreceiver, leaving a potent final image to all those who watched.  

"It's time to leave, Nuyak Jena'tes." He said in a greatly more gentle voice than he had just possessed, placing his right hand on her left tricep.

"I know you have never done this before, but I need you to try to mentally contact the sphere.  She is not a ship, not a machine.  She IS alive, is a consciousness, and has midi-chlorians to an extent.  You must focus hard, seek her mind in The Force, for she seeks for you and I desperately.  Just tell her 'Now' and she will make haste for the tractor bay I entered through."  He coached at her as he began leading her toward the door, for they had no time to wait.

Out in space, the last of the Sith fleet was jumping to hyperspace away from the area while the ghost ships approached.  It was only after several seconds that they slowly faded away like the mirages that they were.  At the dawning of this fact, General Hux turned deep red with anger and embarassment, demanding the ship be scoured, the use of heavy armaments and thermal detonators, kill on sight.  Shortly after this shrill, screamed order, the alert sirens on board ceased all at once, and again The Finalizer became a buzzing hive of activity.  

All of this in truth meant nothing to Saad as he lead the way back to the tractor bay, because he all too well recalled the discarded weapons, equipment and vacant halls.  None of the men were anywhere near where these heavy armaments might be, and at the speeds with which the Force allowed Saad and Sarrai to travel on foot, it certainly wouldn't be fast enough for anything to be used against them.

Regardless of how accurate that information was, that did not make Saad's assumption correct.  He turned a corner, still leading the way to the tractor beam bay 4's one and only door that just so happened to be a few yards down this hall and there it was, blinking on the floor.  A thermal detonator.  He did the only thing he could think of at that very moment and threw his arms out in front of him, projecting with all of his will power the idea of a wall made of the Force.  Black energy flashed outward from centimeters in front of his fingertips, which seemed to burn, as evidenced by the black flame-like wisps which broke away from the clear-cut lines of this barrier.  These wisps passed through the wall and flickered off of Saad's red robes, scorching them upon contact, when the thermal detonator blew up.

Unfortunately, this wall failed just after it had stopped the thermal detonator when it was next targeted by a FWMB-10 repeating blaster before the explosion had ended.  The wall shattered under the barrage as it had been so long it had been since Saad had fed off of someone.  With this barrier shattering in front of him, Saad's body rolled backward through the air as some of the kinetic force of the detonator caught him, he struck the wall in the direction he had come and just missed the corner of the intersection, rebounded from it and rolled twisting onto the ground in a non-responsive state.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kinta Sarrai
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Female 96

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Light   January 26th 2017, 6:30 pm

Sarrai stood just out of range of the holoreciever. Both of her hands were clasped behind her back as she watched her Taral address the remaining crew of the Finalizer. Each man and woman weather officer or Trooper gave off a distinctive aura of fear and dread. It was nearly palpable. Once the reciever was destroyed, she relaxed into a more casual stance, letting her arms drop down to her sides.

Kinta showed no apprehension when he asked her to contact the sphere. She simply nodded her head once, and closed her eyes. She focused her will and stretched out with her mind, tapping into the Force. She could feel it, a near sense of desperation.

Now.

It was a single word she projected, but it was enough. She felt the sphere respond with a sense of relief.

Yes, Kinta.

She nodded once to Kozan to confirm that she had succeeded and without further hesitation, he led the way back towards the Tractor Bay. As they rounded the corner, a blinking thermal denator stood between them and the door for their exit.

"Kozan!" She cried shouted, but her words were deafened by the explosion. She threw up her own hands, a protective bubble of the Force surrounding her. She attempted to stretch it outwards towards her companion, but he was already rolling backwards through the air. She watched in slight horror as he landed in an unresponsive heap on the ground.

Sarrai pulled her Lightsabers from their sheaths. They ignighted immediately with a hiss and she whirled them with percision as more blaster fire rained on her positon. The bolts were deflected back in the direction they had come from. As the shooter took cover, she took that opportunity to move swiftly, closing the distance with great speed. She leapt and vaulted over the large crate. As she flipped over the heads of the cowering Troopers, she took both of their heads cleanly off of their shoulders with a swipe of her sabers. She landed in a crouch when their heads came to a stop, staring up at her with the expressionless black eyes. After a second or two, Kinta stood and disengaged her sabers, replacing them back into their sheaths. Immediately, she ran towards Kozan, fisting a portion of his robes into her hand as she pulled him upright.

"Open your eyes, nuyak taral. We must make our exit." She whispered softly, both out loud and in his mind. "Awaken for me, nulis."

The Force shall free me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kozan Saad
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Male 45

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Light   January 27th 2017, 12:55 am

It was several seconds after she had finished whispering to him that he finally opened his eyes, the left followed by the second in quick succession.  This dazed state didn't last long, as his own pride fueled an anger within him for allowing himself to fall prey to this attack to begin with, he began siphoning strength from his own rage, effectively recuperating enough to stand back up with Sarrai's steady hands guiding him back up.  Another second or two to get his bearings and he was already affixing his eyes back upon the door to tractor beam bay 4.

"We must go, now.  I feel weak."  Was all he said before he began taking increasingly steadier and steadier strides to the door.  

Upon crossing back into the suspension bay, he quickly scanned the room as best he could at the moment, noticing only slight differences from how he'd left it.  Of course, Kylo Ren had been egressed to a medical wing.  But aside from that it appeared that in all of the panic and commotion, the dead were simply left behind.  The now only smoldering and partially skeletal remains of the Storm Troopers caught in his deadly little attack plans, some dismembered, but all of them charred with the exception of those that died with a Lanvorak blade and weren't near the explosions and fire.

He couldn't see if the bodies were still on the second level, but he assumed that they were.  Recalling where The Heavy had been slain, he reached out with a small piece of the remainder of his power and drug the floor where the body had been, and as luck would have it, the body came sliding off of the second level platform.  After a short tumble through the air, it came to a total and abrupt halt as it landed directly chest down, all limbs following with a rapid series of soft and padded smacks.  Saad continued to pull him closer, immediately taking notice that no blood was leaking from the body as it slid slowly toward him.

When the body was close enough, he could clearly see the 3 identical circular burn holes, each and all cauterized thoroughly, which was perfect.  As he pushed the body past them toward the airlock doors, the floor beneath them began to tremble, and Saad knew what it was, as he felt it clearly coming in.  The airlock door was being pried open with The Force from the outside.  It subsided after 20 or so seconds, then began again, then stopped after the same period of time elapsed.  

She had closed the exterior door behind her first, good.  As soon as the trembling began again, he pulled away from Sarrai and reached out with both hands to assist the Meditation Sphere accomplish the goal more easily.  It seemed only 5-6 seconds before the door was open, and the small craft which easily fit through the now fully opened doors hovered within, landing only a few meters behind where Saad, Kinta Sarrai and the sliding-ever-closer body of The Heavy.

As soon as the frontal hatch opened and he could see the light blue humming glow from within his sphere, he felt this terrible relaxation come over him.  His knees nearly buckled beneath him and he had to reach out and take hold of Sarrai's arm to keep on his feet.  He tried to take a few seconds to steady himself, but they were cut short by a squad of varied and heavily armed Storm Troopers flooding in through the entrance.  Their valiant attempt to kill their enemies was cut short before they could even finish taking to knee to steady their aim before the hatch slammed shut with a ringing clang and it lifted a meter up and spun about quickly.  That female voice of the sphere, growling, enraged, jagged and hissing boomed down from the hovering ship that not a single Storm Trooper present had ever seen before.

"You Shall Not Harm My Master!!!!"

It screamed as it released the orbital drone from a circular hatch that lifted and swiveled clockwise out of the way.  The drone looked similar to a long dart without stabilizing wings that seemed flatter than it was circular and tube-like because of four 'just-off' from each other protrusions that housed quad-thrusters within each.  The drone itself had a multitude of holes and openings on the under- and upper-side of it's cone-shaped muzzle, and it's tip was flattened and was actually a highly resistant recording lens and sensor array.  On either side of the camera were rectangular slits that formed 2 more hatches which deployed flares left and heat-homing magnetic tracking modules from the right.

The main point at the moment is the multitude of holes, each of which houses a 6-cylinder oscillating blaster barrels with a 2-shot burn-out capacity on each cylinder.  What this meant is that from each of the 36 holes a small, but intensely concentrated, blaster bolt could be fired either together, in sequence of slow or rapid or quadrant bursts, much like a shot-gun pattern.  A full and total quadrant burst in extremely rapid succession twice in a row is what ensued before a single Storm Trooper could get a shot off.  The carnage that followed was like a wall of energy bolts shredding through armor intended to withstand only a fraction of the total energy output just now absorbed.

Bodies flew, limbs were torn off, rifles, thermal detonators, ammunition all blown into exploding little pieces as the simultaneous waves of bolts batter upon them.  The bolts did not stop there either, and continued directly through the wall and floor behind the Storm Trooper's now devastated, mangled and burning figures now lie.  The drone reversed it's quad-thrusters and returned in a straight line right back into the sphere, which also about-faces and landed to once more open it's frontal hatch.

"Lift this body into the ship for me, will you, Nayuk Jena'tes?" He questioned, already knowing that she would.  Hell, he would require help into the sphere at this point.  He was running on empty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kinta Sarrai
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Female 96

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Light   January 27th 2017, 4:12 pm

Ren was still not a hundred percent. He wasn't even half that but he knelt before the larger than life image of Snoke reguardless of his condition. He was fully masked, lest his face show the extend of the emotional damage he suffered, let alone the physical emptiness he felt at the loss of his connection with Drayga...Kinta was it now?

"How did two people, a man and a woman, accomplish such destruction in a matter of mere minutes against one of my best fleets?" The Supreme Leader inquired, his voice seeming casual, but both Kylo Ren and General Hux knew that when he spoke so casually, it was merely the calm before the storm.

"They are both very powerful Force-sensitives, Master."Kylo replied, still not daring to look up at Snoke. "And they were prepared."

"As you should have been! Both of you!" In his anger, the Supreme Leader surged to his feet, looming above his two commanders. He paced, but remained within range of the holoreciver on his end. "This could possibly play in our favor. Ren, you must use your link with Drayga-"

"I can not, Master."

Snoke turned slowly to face his Apprentice. "And why is that?˜

Ren hesitated for a moment. "Because this man, this Pureblood Sith managed to sever my Bond with her."

"WHAT?! Do you have any idea just who and what she is? She is the Prophecy! I sent her to you to protect her, Ren!"

"Then why did you send the Knights to kill her a year ago?"
"She had to be purified by Death before the Prophecy could begin."

------

Sarrai had managed to lift the body of the Heavy on board the sphere. Once it had been deposited securely, she helped Kozan board as well, supporting a good portion of his weight as they had entered the meditation sphere. He was resting now as they made the long treck to the Kessel Sector. She stared at him for a few moments, watching him as he lay still either in a Force Trance or actual slumber.

You have grown to care for him, Sarrai. The feminie voice of the sphere said, making it a statement rather than a question.

The Assassin gave a soft sigh, but it was more of releasing a relieved breath than any sort of frustration.

"Yes, I have."

The Bond you share with Master is not like the typical Force Bond. This is something more.

"I know."

The Sphere was silent for a moment as it thought over this.

Then you are as much my Mistress as he is my Master.

"I'm sorry, what?" Kinta was slightly confused by the sphere's admition. It was well known that the two had not gotten along before when they had first met. The sphere had thought her weak, beneath Kozan.

She chuckled softly. You have his heart, Sarrai. Do not waste it.

The Force shall free me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kozan Saad
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Male 45

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Light   January 27th 2017, 5:11 pm

As he was helped to lie down by Sarrai, he could already smell the blood of The Heavy within his body, still rich in midi-chlorians.  The ritual of bloodsoup would be to follow within the hour, and he would be drained of every last drop, which would then be par-stewed with the fungi growing on the ship along with several minerals and spices that they had retrieved from within Korriban.  Being a Pureblood Sith, Saad had no compunction about adding the man's better muscular groups to the pot as well, but sat considering if or whether Sarrai would participate in what could be cannibalism, which was another thing that did not bother Saad to think about or to engage in the act of on the right occasions.

More than anything else though, this was the sealing of Kinta Sarrai's final rite of passage in the training she had received from him over the past year as well as a traditional custom of the ancient Sith to consume the bloodsoup of the strongest of their first conquered people, taking into themselves their greatest enemy's power.  It is something Saad did not do when he killed his first greatest adversary, Dark Lord Rhys.  The reason behind that is because Kozan Saad wanted to take it all from Rhys, his very existence and everything that ever happened within it, as well as his power and advanced attunement with the Force.  Where as bloodsoup is a ritualistic boosting of one's minimum constant power by taking from their blood the very thing that made them powerful and consuming it.  A punishment that seemed greatly less severe than the crime to Saad.

He waited there, laying patiently while the sphere once again hovered up off of the floor, and began out the same way she came it, by using the Force to pry the doors open.  One, then through and close behind, at Saad's request.

"I want it to be fixed by the next time I encounter Kylo Ren.  Close the door behind us to avoid the chance of decompression before we leave." Was all he said, and then fell still and quiet again until several minutes out into space.

He drifted into something of a trance mixed with slumber during those several minutes, during which time the exchange between the sphere and Sarria took place.

By no means had he intended to slip into unconsciousnes, merely trying to focus on recovering from the physical shock of the explosion.  It had been a devistating and effectve trap that he could at this moment of recallection only feel grateful and relieved that Sarrai had not been leading the way, as he just wasn't sure that she would have been strong enough to block the full force of it as he had before being shot with the heavy blaster bolt.  Had she been in front, and that had happened and she had not been able to block it, she would be dead.  Even Saad would not have been able to save her at that point, and the thought process made his skin begin to crawl, which is what truly caused him to wake fully.

He diverted himself from this feeling by sitting upright and pulling his hood back with his right hand while he unclasped it in front of the collarbone of his armor and held his arms out to either side.  The garment lazily drifted left, swaying his arm out from within it, then right to do the same before drifting off behind him to the floor.  He brought his hands together behind his head, once more fitting his claws into the grooves on the back of his helmet and with a heavy click he split it open and dropped it quite unceremoniously in his lap.  He followed through with a long and deep sigh while he pulled free the top of six clasps that held his armor on, decided that it was not worth the effort and slowly leaned back down against the floor again, allowing his head to roll to the right.  

He was staring at the single bed all the way up against the rounded wall and the shelve that hung about half a meter quite directly above it.  Both accomodated the spherical shape of the wall, rounding with them.  But where the shelf was a squared off shelf that was simply curved, the bed itself had just the slightest bow outward instead of actually being cresent shaped.  This was because the bed was actually a meter wider than it appeared on the wall, which it slid out from.  The shelf had numerous stone pots with smal plants and herbs in them, each of which sat into an arrangement of indentations that they fit snugly into that occupied the entire left side of the shelf , but each pot also had 4 stands that protruded precisely at the height that the pot slid into the shelf, which further stabilized them during flight.  Evidence of their effectiveness lies in the fact that despite engagement of the hyperdrive regularly and the evasive manuevers the sphere operated with while approaching the Finalizer did not result in a single grain of soil to spill from any of the pots.  

On perhaps the last quarter of the shelf were 6 Sith tomes, the case, spine and covers of which were made from stretched and tanned Sith skin and were all roughly 8 centimeters thick.  Attached to the wall by hinges was a long horizontal bar assembly that was currently down and only the length of the books there and perhaps 2 more.  It was there with a spring-resisted latch to hold the books in place during flight, like the herb pots.  Just next to the books and fastened down with a leather belt that came out of the shelf were 3 mortars of descending size stacked atop one another and their accompanying pestles fit into longer indentations that allowed them to stand, head up.  All the remaining half meter of space contained 2 rows of chests, 3 across and were similarly belted down to the shelf and within an indentation.  As a matter of fact, the more one were to look around this ship, it would seem that almost everything in it suited a singular utilitarian function, or was multi-functional with anything you else within the sphere already.  

On the opposite wall was the pilotting array.  It is a 2 meter long by 3/4 of a meter wide area that was contoured slightly to conform to a humanoid's body comfortably.  Where the head lay there was a flat, shelf-like portion that hung a few centimeters above the actual floor and the feet indented slightly into the floor.  This area to lay and look up was padded 3 centimeters thick with a very pliable substance that shaped to one's body as they lie on it.  Above it was simply an oval dome, and within it several holoscreen projectors, speakers, microphones and 3 seperate holotransmitter cameras from different angles.  It was equipped with components and devices unlike those seen anywhere in the galaxy, and it was due to the totally unique structure of each sphere itself.

Opposite the frontal hatch was a modest stove and a few very shiny and smooth pans and shallow pots strapped down to a conjoining shelf.  On the floor next to it though, was a large cauldron-style pot.  It held a volume of 19 liters and was used for a single purpose, which adorned it in random spots.  Blood, or blood soup, rather.  In the very near future, Saad would be draining this Force-sensitive lying on the floor into that pot and serve him as dinner, should Sarrai indulge.  He felt this the moment to bring it up to her, as it was currently on his mind.

"Do you know why I had you bring the body of The Heavy, Nuyak Jena'tes?"  He quietly hummed in his rich and deep voice
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kinta Sarrai
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Female 96

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Light   January 27th 2017, 5:50 pm

Kinta watched Kozan in silence, a silence that seemed comftorable. She thought back to when he had found her on Korriban. There had never been a single instant when she wasn't comftorable in his presence. Not even when she was half naked and bleeding, though her injuries had been fatal at the given moment. She contemplated everything that had changed since then. Not only had she grown stronger, more powerful, but there was apart of her that had become almost...compassionate, though such compassion had never been directed at others, no. Only directed at Saad. After a few more moments, she broke the silence, speaking softly with her methocial voice.

"I would assume that you have need of the body, otherwise you would have left it for Ren." She reached up and pulled the hood back, letting it drop almost casually to her shoulders. The shadows disappeared from her face, seeming to soak into her very skin and giving it a very brief, split second grey iradesent glow before it faded back to it's normal pale peach hue. "As for what you actually intend to do with it, I do not know."

She had been sitting on the very end of the bed, leaning backward against the curve of the wall. One leg casually crossed over the other in a feminine gesture of what appeared to be modesty. Carefully, she removed the outer cloak, letting it pool beneath her. Though it provided shadow and coverage, it could be cumbersome in close quarters and Kinta had found it almost suffocating in that moment. She reached up and slowly unfastened the braid that had fallen across her left shoulder. Her claw-like nails massaging her scalp momentarily and she let out a soft purring groan of satisfaction.

Had she just seen Kozan twitch at the sound she had made? Quite possibly just her imagination. She moved then, sliding off the bed to kneel beside him where he remained laying nearly passive. He was drained of energy that much she knew. It was obvious with the nearly limp way his arms and hands moved.

"Although if I remember our lessons on Sith culture correctly, there was something of a ritual of sorts, a consumation of a fallen enemy's essence that granted the consumer energy, power and memories."

The Force shall free me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kozan Saad
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Male 45

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Light   January 28th 2017, 3:01 am

Kozan shifted his gaze up to her face when she knelt beside him, and listened as she finished.  She did indeed recall the brief talk of 'drinking deep one's enemies.'  It was a conversation that he scarcely explained the happenings of and left it on note that rang of later times.  Despite the exhaustion both physical and from use of the Force, he sat back up again and propped his shoulders beneath him.

"Then let it begin..." He said quietly.  Not to himself, but the way it rolled out of his mouth made it feel like it had no particular direction.

All at once the body whipped up from the floor, feet first.  It swayed gently only a few times and then became perfectly still, hovering there next to them both.  With but a gesture, the pot for bloodsoup unlatched and flipped up and out of it's indentation and came sliding lazily across the floor until it was positioned just in front of The Heavy's head and then that too became perfectly still.

His head swayed to the side, sort of slinking into a position that he was looking into her face again.  He did not really look her in the eyes, and often did not because of the frequent side-effect of breaking his train of thought.  He did though, as he did often do when looking at her, was study the contours of her face, the structure of it and how soft it appears.  As he did so he began to list directions.

"We will need a quarter of a liter of water from the condenser in the small skin.  We will need the jar of black moss from the shelf, one of the vials of Korriban soil from within the middle chest, back row, a Hssiss tongue and five moderate sized fungi.  I will be here by your side, but this task is yours, and you must prepare the bloodsoup yourself, and forge it from your own alchemy.  I prefer to call it Esencija, as that is most truly what it is, though blood is the base ingredient."  He finished in a somehow more refined tone, as though he had more mastered such a barbaric custom than others as for it to be an act of class.

He reached once again to his chest and removed the next clasp on his armor, and then the next, and so forth until a portion of the front swung open some.  He reached inside and began untying thin and tightly braided strings that pulled his armor tightly to his body once pulled onto the torso.  

Once the laces were untied, he cleanly pulled the armor open a portion, which revealed his chest.  Down the center of his ribcage was a line of ridges, a trait most Sith Pureblood shared, though like most his other features, they were not nearly as sharp or pronounced as others.  The more interesting part was that there was a sort of spider web pattern of scars on the left portion of his chest, and directly below them were obvious laceration scars, each controlled and precise.  A fragment of the past as a slave that he endured.  These straight lined cut scars began at their tops at the bottom of his pectoral muscle and ran down to mid-thigh, and there were seven of them wrapping around his side, and they were closely spaced apart.  In several spots visible were bruising, which manifested under his skin as a lighter red and purple spotting, a clear contrast from his normal skin tone.  These were concussive bruises from the thermal detonator, and were what wracked his body with pain, making this entire task more difficult.

He began to continue his task by loosening straps on his right bicep, then the left, followed by the buckles at each wrist.  With a roll of his right shoulder and a subtle use of the Force, he pulled free from the armor from one side, and as he allowed it to simply slide off of his left hand onto the floor, his back was exposed.  He had a set number of whip scars on his shoulders and the middle of his back, 42.

As lash scars went, these were not wide ones, and were done with a much more slender whip than most.  This kind was one that his people developed out in unknown space, and was made of a series of altered-madilon and durasteel ribbons that were woven together.  Each one was only thrice the width of a hair and were difficult and dangerous to produce due to it, but once it was finished, you held in your hand a vibrating whip that not only cut just by gentle touch, but even without vibrating at high speeds, the weave and tension on the ribbons force the metal whip to 'chew' flesh away, leaving a heavily textured groove of flesh spitting blood with every swing.   They could flex on par with anything metal or polymer that was known to Saad, and only had durability issues if one could grab it, twist and pull, which would easily cause the ribbons to cut and break apart on themselves.

When used without the vibration cell active, it cut thin lines, as the whip's widest point was only 3 centimeters around, which is what Saad had been a victim of as a 9 year old boy.  They healed well, despite how obviously terrible they had been, and while they were textured to the touch, they did not indent in the skin of his back.  He was littered with many different scars that seemed likely to have come from feral animals, which he also received during pre-teenage years, all over his body. He was capable of permanently hiding them, but he liked something about it, the story of his life and path to the Sith'ari throne.

From the side of his pants he withdrew a dagger that was a half meter long in total and began flipping it through his fingers idly.  The order it was created mattered as much to Saad as the point of it being made in the first place, so he kept a hold of the knife until Sarrai returned with everything and he would give her further instruction, as he wasn't in very good shape to do much at the moment.  Though after having eaten this meal, he would feel in perfect spirit and vitality again, and better than after he actually healed what was wrong, and so would Nuyak Jena'tes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kinta Sarrai
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Female 96

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Light   January 28th 2017, 6:19 am

Sarrai watched him as she remained kneeling. With a soft curse in her head, she stood gracefully and gave him her back as he began to unlace the ties that held the armor to his body. She inhaled through her nose slowly, letting her eyes fall shut for a split second before releasing that breath out from between her lips. For the moment, it centered her thoughts and kept them from racing with...other images. She regained her composure of comfort and familiarity as she began the task of acquiring the ingredients they would need. Once she had them in her possession, she carefully and methodically lined them up, placing them in a precise row near the pot.

She could almost hear the Sphere laughing at her. With her back still facing Kozan, she gave the Sphere a lip curling sneer that revealed the straightness of her teeth, a flash of canines that were just barely longer than normal. Another mark that she wasn't fully Human, though she did not know it. When she finally turned fully to face her companion, she froze. The marks that littered his back. They called to a memory so forcefully that it was painful. This was the first time she had seen the full extent of them and it reminded her of her own horrors she had endured. Kinta nearly stumbled and she lifted a hand to press the heel of her palm just above her left brow as the flash images assaulted her.

"You will learn your place, girl." The deep voice of one of the Hutt's mercenaries growled, his gloved fingers digging harshly into her upper arm. She was no older than eight and had been caught taking the scraps of food off of Jaral`s plate. She had been so very hungry. She was pushed roughly into the room and clapped in chains that hung from the center of the grated ceiling above. She felt cold air hit her skin as the rag of a shirt was sliced down the back with the mercs knife.

"Please.." She pleaded softly, her voice trembling with fear, but was ignored. She tensed in the chains, for she knew what was coming. This wasn't the first time they had whipped her and she was quite sure it wouldnt be the last. She braced herself, but the pain of the first strike was always the worst and what that whip bit into her tender flesh, she cried out in agony.

She lowered her hand when the memory subsided. It had lasted a mere second. It had been so quick that Kozan hadn't even turned towards her yet. She suddenly found herself standing mere inches from him, having moved of her own violation and so silently that she wasn't even sure if he heard her. There was no tensing of muscle, nor turn of his head that gave away any indication that he was aware of her close proximity. With a very faint tremble to her right hand, she reached out and up since he towered over her smaller stature. The palm of her hand came in contact with the lower part of his spine that was visible and moved slowly along the scarring that trickled over his skin.

The Force shall free me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kozan Saad
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Male 45

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Light   January 29th 2017, 1:27 pm

He stared down at the floor while her memory invaded his thoughts.  She hadn't been in a position to see it, but as her hand lifted for her head and the memory came, he nearly dropped the knife.  After a careful steadying of his fingers, he resumed despite it, though.  And he was also aware that she was approaching him.

With a great deal of focus as the proximity closed, he continued playing with the knife, eyes scanning the floor back and forth while his mind tried to unravel what she was feeling, and subtly transmitting through their bond.  Suddenly he could feel her, the heat coming from her hand as it reached out trembling and once more he ceased flicking the knife through his fingers.  

The sensation that followed her hand touching his back was something Saad had never experienced in all of his life, something that was cool to the touch, and yet somehow warm, hot even.  He could feel a tingling wave of sensation spread out from where each of her fingertips touched his skin, which quickly produced a chill running up his spine.

His eyes widened, pupils dilated, before he very slowly and gently stepped away only a very short distance away from her touch.  As he did so, so subtle and soft his movement was, that the breaking of contact caused his skin to crawl visibly as that chill reappeared, and turned around.  Over that second, Saad exerted enormous amounts of control over himself to appear calm when he looked up on her again, and for the most part succeeded.

His eyes came back to resting on her face, and unintentional eye contact followed.  He became drawn into them for a moment, his expression clearly softening.  His mind raced this way and that, attempting to decipher what this was, this feeling.  How did he feel?  He did not know.  His breath was heavy, and he was exhausted, but that wasn't why.  His heart beat strong and hard in his chest, as though he were exerting himself, but he wasn't.  A weakened feeling that was even greater than the tiredness was present in his joints, and he didn't understand that any better than the rest.

He swallowed loudly, then cleared his throat with a soft cough while he forced his eyes to wander downward, away from her captivating gaze.  Once the eye contact was broken, he felt immediately more capable of functioning, continuing to draw his eyes lower while he picked up her left hand in his right and offered the blade to her.

To their side, the skin of water levitated up from the floor and began pouring into the pot, only the quarter of a liter.  As it tilted back up, the cap slid onto the spout and it drifted back to the floor.  It was the sphere.  It had been company to at least a dozen of these ceremonies held by Saad since his rise to power, and was simply trying to help them both along, having been fully aware of their state upon pick-up.

"You need to split the Hssiss tongue first and add half to the water now along with the soil of Korriban."  He recited to her, still looking down at her hand in his, the handle of the knife still offered out in his left hand.  His voice sounded dry, somewhat unsteady.

As he was saying so, a series of vertical blue flames ignited from the very same indentation the pot had been sitting in and a metal ring which constituted the base of the indentation lifted up from the hole, six twisted metal bars supporting it. The height of the flames adjusted quite low while Saad turned his head to look at it all laid out on the floor quite correctly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kinta Sarrai
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Female 96

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Light   January 29th 2017, 2:06 pm

Kinta was not offended when he moved away from her touch. How could she be when she had no experience of such things to speak of? Sure she had a connection with Ren, but it had not been as intense as this. She remained silent, but nodded once and took the offered knife. Her fingers closed carefully around the handle, pulling it slowly from his grasp. Before she began the task of preparing the bloodsoup, however, she felt it beneficial to secure her hair back away from her face. Swiftly and expertly, she pulled it up and deftly wound it in a messy bun that left faint wisps hanging to frame her face.

With an expert stroke of her hand and the tip of the knife, she split the Hssiss tongue as instructed. Each step was methodical and precise, showing just how much effort, care and control the Pureblood Sith had taken in virtually every aspect of their lives. Or perhaps this was just Kozan. She had no other experience with his kind to judge upon. Without having being told twice, nor asking to repeat the instructions, she added half of the water and the soil from Korriban.

------

Ren stood in his personal quarters, staring down at the empty space where his grandfather's helmet had once sat. He knew it had been her that had taken it. Her dark presence still lingered and it ripped the hole in his heart even bigger. When he had imagined her in his personal chambers, it had not been anywhere near this. What had gone wrong? She should be by his side and not with that...Sith. Rage roared to the surface and wish a harsh roar of anger, Kylo whipped out, his lightsaber engaging with just as harsh of a growl. He struck it repeatedly against the wall, resulting in molten dripping metal to fall to the floor and hiss before it cooled.

"I will get her back." He vowed, mostly to himself. With a determined set of his shoulders, Ren turned on his heel and left to prepare his own personal man hunt.

The Force shall free me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kozan Saad
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Male 45

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Light   January 30th 2017, 8:58 am

With the physical suggestion of his hand outstretching, the glass jar packed with a single whole clump of moss that was jet black on the top and a milky white color at it's base floated up from the floor to him, it's metal lid sliding off while the bottom of the jar slid across his fingers into his palm.  He reached into it with his forefinger, middle finger and thumb, and looked as though he was combing through it for something, but in truth was counting the heads of the foliage on top.  When he'd separated 7 of them with his claws he pinched them off right where they began to grey.

As he pulled his fingers back out, he also pulled his hand out from under the jar, which swung to the side where the lid rejoined it and lowered to the floor.  He knelt down next to her with them still pinched between his fingers while she poured the fine red sands of Korriban into the pot and grabbed her hand by the wrist as soon as she placed the vial down on the floor.  As he turned her hand over, he applied pressure and punctured his pinky finger claw into the heel of her thumb just enough to draw blood.  He pulled his hand away as the small bubble of blood emerged from skin, and with the Force began levitating each single drop of blood from her skin that formed, counting 7.  He released the foliage of the black moss and held them levitating in the air.  All 14 pieces of material hovering closely packed, but not touching in the half of meter of space between Kozan's hands.

"Now your part.  You must remove the metal minerals from your droplets of blood, and extract the liquid from these pieces of moss without breaking any of it.  The fibrous parts of this moss are incredibly toxic, but the liquid is a rich oil compound needed for this ritual.  The metallic minerals in your blood will taint the soup, leaving a halved potency.  Close your eyes now and feel out with The Force."  He continued yet again.  His voice had become very soft and pleasant by the time he'd told her to close her eyes.

He closed his own as well, reaching out to her through the invisible connection they shared in the Force to help guide her through her first transmutation.  She could likely feel him there, just outside of her mental walls, but by choice.  The faint and implied whispers breach through her mental barriers with ease, but wasn't a forced event, more like an allowed suggestion.  Was it her intention or his that his whispers traveled through?  Saad could not distinguish.

'Feel for the frequency, the vibration.  They are different here, nuyak Jena'tes.  Allow the Force to show you the movement of the blood, of the metal within it.  The wider louder nature of that which is liquid, and the difference it has to that which is not.  Observe the way the metal minerals resonate.  Can you feel them?' His mental whispers said and asked.

Meanwhile, Saad was still in a retained position of his arms spread before him between he and Sarrai, the materials hanging in the air still.  After a moment or two, each drop of blood's surface began to ripple steadily.  Both within and without of his body he struggled to maintain focus as a level of pride attempted to apply a smile to him and his mind, but he overcame the distracting emotion and continued to suspend the materials.

'There it is, now grab it.  Make it all stop resonating, Force it to your will.  Ignore the liquid and only suspend what is left.'  He urged into her mind, all the while feeling her progress through the Force.

After another moment had passed, all of the drops of blood drifted a few centimeters to the side and stopped rippling.  What was not visibly obvious about this was that there was particle dust of the metallic minerals of the blood that drifted down to the floor when the drops moved.  The entire arrangement of the materials rotated between Saad's hands as he put the moss clumps much closer to her and began to whisper once more.

'This is an entirely different process.  Forget resonance and ignore the frequency again.  This requires delicate hands, and is meant as a test of your finesse.  As you can't crush or squeeze this liquid out without crumbling the foliage, a different approach must be taken.  You must explore the delicate and intricate fluid vessels of the foliage with The Force.  Find how and where they each most easily open, their shape, content.  One cannot extract, so one must Force it out by replacing it with something else, in this case with nothing.  You must feed the Force into these fluid vessels to push the oil back out.'  Soft and encouraging, or was there a voice at all?

Each of these pieces of moss produced their oil one at a time while Sarrai focused on the task with what appeared to be expert instincts to Saad.  She was clearly very gifted and powerful, and as prideful as that made him as he had seen to it she lived thus far, it also made him slightly weary.  He'd always known she was unique, from the moment he could feel her through the Force when he removed his mask that first time, but there was something about her that was mysterious.  This was the entire purpose for traveling to Honoghr, an attempt to begin piecing her origins and people back together again, though a part of him screamed at him that she doesn't have origin or people, she has you.  You are all she does have.

His mind sharpened away from personal thoughts when he could no longer feel the liquid weight in the moss levitating in front of him anymore.  He opened his eyes now as the small black clumps flew away from the both of them and dropped to the floor a meter away.  He turned his full body toward the pot as he moved that which hovered in front of him, and telekinetically directed it all into the pot before producing the other half of the Hssiss tongue. As it hovered in front of him, it began to rapidly dry out entirely and then began to grow a white, chalky substance across it's surface that spread until taking over the entire piece of flesh.  When it was finished, it was completely solid and looked like a powdery stone.  Once more, both of his hands on either side of the levitating object that he suspended in front of Sarrai.

'Infuse the hydrogen from the air into the center of this stone and compress it until it shatters the stone.'  Once more the whispers crept through her mind, though more of a caress still.

This was much more straight-forward than the past 2 tasks despite being specific, and was in truth a method of distillation and concentration of what was within the tissue to begin with.  'That' being the venom of the Hssiss.  It was a naturally occurring toxic that covered the Hssiss' teeth and was produced constantly from the tongue, and it's effects were devastating...if you used the Light side of The Force.  If you did not, huge amounts would cause great discomfort, but not death or even close to it.  Never-the-less, it was a component needed and was nearly ready.  Saad could feel the pressure as the hydrogen drug through the porous surface of the calcified tongue, dragging with it the potent toxin that was similarly dehydrated. And when the stone finally burst, it was Saad's attentiveness that prevented the pieces from scattering, as he had caught them with the Force as they ejected away from the sickly lime green glob of fluid levitating where the tongue had been.

After depositing the venom into the pot, Saad sat down next to the cluster of mushrooms Sarrai had brought and took on a much less serious face while he picked up one of the larger caps in his clawed fingers and began breaking it apart into much, much smaller clumps.

"Only one thing left to do, Jena'tes...." Saad began before popping a small piece of the fungi into his mouth.

"Cut his throat and bleed him into the pot.  I will rend some of his flesh to put in also, but once it's done, we will eject him from the hatch," He finished after swallowing his food.  

He stared up at her from the floor as he broke apart the mushrooms and dropped them in the pot, one by one.  Again that warm feeling invaded his senses.  He felt tense and relaxed just the same.  His eyes snapped down to the floor as he retrieved a final mushroom, and when he began to look up his eyes took their own direction.  They lingered at her calf a moment and then scanned up her thigh where he fixated momentarily on her exposed tattoo.  His eyes wandered up to her hip and gleaned over her waistline before continuing up the middle of her stomach, between her breasts and back to her face.

His breath was heavy again by the time he'd finished breaking up that last mushroom, and his eyes were trapped in place as he clapped his hands free of crumbs and rested his forearm on his knee, still staring up at her, pupils once more near fully dilated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kinta Sarrai
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Female 96

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Light   January 30th 2017, 3:13 pm

She was taunt muscle wrapped in a figure that still held a roud softness to it that remained faminine, sensual and seductive without meaning to. It was natural on her part, simply the way she had been made. Each gesture was made with grace and percision. If anyone were to watch her that didn`t know her would have thought she was a dancer when in reality she was much more lethal and dangerous than that. As she worked, she tuned everything else out but the Force, Kozan's voice in her thoughts, and the task she was trying to accomplish. Without looking, Kinta gestured behind her. The body of the Heavy levitated up off the floor where it had been placed. It moved horizontally, stopping just above the pot. With an expert twirl of the knife in her fingers, she slid it swiftly down across the former Knights throat. Immediately the blood began to flow.

Sarrai watched with rapt attention until the blood flow itself turned into a thin trickle. Without further attention on the body, she used her Telekinesis to nearly throw it away from her like a rag doll, or a used tissue. The Sphere opened the compartment, sealing it shut just before she shot the body out of the hatch and into open space. As she turned back towards Kozan for any further instructions, her mirror-like black eyes caught his. Her lips twitched at the right corner, forming a half smile. It was a gesture that was both confirming that she had finished, and flirtatious, though neither of them suspected the latter.

------

"You are sure that Javarl the Hutt was her former Master's name?" Ren inquired, standing before the glass wall of the port on Nar Shadaa. The other occupant of the room was Marik Trien, a Bounty Hunter and expert at tracking down information.

"Was being the key word. I spoke with Javik the Hutt, Javarl's brother. Apparently at the age of 12 she slaughtered his entire operation. One of his mercenaries attempted to rape her and she went nuts, crushed nearly every bone in his body."

That didn't entirely surprise him. The Awakening of a Force-sensitive could be a very powerfu, heady and sometimes violent thing, especially if triggered by violence to begin with.

"How did Javarl find her? She was abandoned, yes?"

The Bounty Hunter hesitated for a moment.

"This is where it gets weird. Javik claimed his brother found her on Endor."

Ren's head whipped around, his expressionless face seeming to stare straight into Marik's soul.

"Endor? You are sure?"

"Javik swears on it."

The Force shall free me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kozan Saad
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Male 45

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Light   January 30th 2017, 4:28 pm

After she had slung the body out into the cold of space, got up an manually picked the pot up and carried it out in front of him back to the stand and fire pit.  When he set it down and turned around, he had quite a different look on his face than he had before, it was much more serious.

"We go to Honoghr for you, Jena'tes.  I've felt a pull to the planet while meditating about you, your origin, your people.  And that is why I gave the order for the fleet to move there." He stated quietly while he gently stirred the contents of the pot together with a meter long wooden spoon.

"Since I awakened to the Force, I've heeded it's messages and warnings and advice far above those that I place in rank of importance.  And this instinct has repeatedly urged that answers will lie there.  Or perhaps it will only be a lead to a new series of questions..." His voice trailed off as he walked around the barrier behind the fire pit and out of view

When he returned around the barrier, his hair was pulled up on the sides in four strands and tied around a center ponytail that hung down his back and was carrying a dagger in both hands as though it were delicate. It had an intricate, elegant blade that was up to at least ten centimeters in length—about as long as a Human forearm—and about the width of a Human finger.  The handle of it and the tip of the blade rested on each of his wrists and his clawed digits were wrapped around the edge closest to Sarrai as he walked up to her with it and extended it out as he had carried it.

"This is called a Shikkar, and I made it myself.  It is not a terribly fancy weapon.  It's made of glass that I created with alchemy, and is incredibly brittle, especially at the cross guard.  They are a means of distributing messages, and eliminating competition, a tool of espionage and betrayal. They have been used for a very long time to kill someone...the wrong way.  And this one you will use on Lord Lo'ska while we are on Honoghr."  He waited to speak that last sentence until she had already taken the blade.

The sphere had been conversing with him on matters of the internal state of the fleet, and it is poor.  Saad's distraction with his "pet human' and use of the fleet to defend her had become common knowledge, and while no assemblies were forming anywhere on any of the ships, Lo'ska had been speaking out against Saad's behavior vehemently to the Sith people.  Making claims and boasting of Saad's weakening to a human female.  A species below the Sith by Lo'ska's thinking.  Whispers were spreading not even an hour past of Lo'ska attempting to betray Saad while his back is turned.  

"Discontent has formed at your joining us, Kinta Sarrai.  Nothing about you impresses our Lord Lo'ska, and further uses is ill opinion to slander me, to plot.  Even if he does not intend to yet, I will give him his opening on Honoghr, and when he uses that opportunity, you will place that blade in the middle of his back on the right and twist with your whole arm.  The blade will shatter when you do, and Lo'ska will die on an alien world 6 days later...in the wrong way.  This task, this example must fall onto you or we will simply breed greater doubt and discontent.  Will you re-establish yourself among the Sith Pureblood as my Second... by killing Lo'ska?"  He finished with a question, his hands both at his side now, lips just parted and eyes searching for hint of what her response may be, but finding none to detect.

Was this nervousness?  He asked, hoping for agreement.  He did not command her, as he had never thought differently about doing to 1 or many.  His breath was caught in this moment of hesitation, of vulnerability.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kinta Sarrai
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Female 96

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Light   January 30th 2017, 5:09 pm

Kinta carefully took the blade from Kozan's hands, holding it just as gingerly as he had. Though it was fragile, delicate, to her it was beautiful. Her gaze shifted up fromthe blade and caught his once more. That smirk curved a single corner of her lips again and she nodded once almost imperceptably.

"You need not ask, Taral. My answer will always be yes. I have no where else to belong, nor do I desire to belong anywhere else. I belong here."

Her voice was soft, just barely above a whisper but she knew he heard her words and their meaning. She turned slowly and moved to where she had left her cloak folded almost neatly on the bed. With care, she placed the blade ontop of it until she found a safer place to place it. She did not want to accidently break it before she killed Lo'ska.

She turned back around, and nearly face planted his chest. How she did not hear him approach was beyond her. Had she been so distracted by what she was feeling that she had failed to notice he moved? She tilted her head back faintly, letting her eyes travel up his torso, following the curve of his jaw to finally rest on his own gaze.

------

Endor. From the tales his mother and father had told him and even his Uncle Luke, Endor and the Deathstar had been the last battle ground of his grandfather Darth Vader. Was she connected to all this? Had she somehow known his grandfather? He gripped his helmet tight in his hands as he sat in his rooms on the shuttle. Both of his elbows rested on his knees. His chest still ached terribly from where that Sith had severed their Bond. He felt...incomplete. The worst part of it all was Saad had been right. He hadn't looked for her. It wasn't that he hadn't wanted to. Snoke had kept him busy, running to different planets to seek out holocrons or to ensure the construction of the Starkiller base was proceeding as planned. He truly had no one to blame but himself for Drayga's absence from his life.

"Sir, we will land on Endor shortly. The Hutt has transmitted the coordinates for the girl's last known location." A Stormtrooper reported, standing in the doorway of his personal quarters. Before he turned to address the Trooper, Ren placed his helmet back on and pulled the hood of his cowl up more securely.

"How long before we reach our destination?"

"ETA is approximately an hour."

The Force shall free me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kozan Saad
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Male 45

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Light   January 30th 2017, 7:44 pm

He was as much in shock at where he stood and how closely as she was, because like most of his life he was purely operating on instinct at the moment. He'd staved it off as long as he could, but in the end his body won the fight with his logical mind, and here he stood. He could breath deep her scent, he was so close to her when she had turned around, and as soon as she finished tilting her head upward to look into his eyes, his left hand lifted and he leaned down to her. The palm of each finger slid across the nape of her neck as his hand came to rest cupping the back of her head, thumb gentlly brushing against her ear lobe as his lips touched hers. With the contact came a sensation of heat, his heart pounding harder than it had been already.

Impulse took over his right hand, and it snaked it's way around her waist to embrace her while he kissed. The touch of her skin enticed him, it was like being charged with a live current, and he felt himself wanting to touch, to feel. He could feel her own heart beating in her chest when his lips broke contact after a few seconds, and with an almost embarassed expression, explained himself.

"I've felt this since I found you, a magnetism. I crave your look, and to look at you, to be near you. Your touch leaves my mind confused and body determined, and it is all very new to me. I've never felt so good." He said with a dawning bleak look upon his face.

"Have I ever felt good...? I wonder since I met you, if I was simply just breathing." He posed the idea that seemed more a reality to him in this moment, the vivacious figure of his companion held against him.

His fingertips slithered through her hair while he had spoke, simply enjoying the texture of it. Perhaps he was getting weak, and perhaps she was the cause. But he did not care. It was completely worth it to him. This gentle affection that he displayed to her now was something entirely out of Saad's usual character of dark and brooding and calculated. His voice even seemed to hum with delight now as he spoke to her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kinta Sarrai
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Female 96

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Light   January 30th 2017, 8:33 pm

The sensation of his hand sliding along the back of her neck caused a visible shudder to travel up her spine and it had nothing to do with fear or cold. Confusion clouded her expression for a split second, but it was eclipsed by the feel of his mouth on hers. Out of instinct, her head tilted further back, the fullness of her lips parting ever so slightly. Her own arms seemed to move of their own accord, the left coming to a rest on his side along his ribs while the other mirrored his, fingers curling along the back of his neck. Lightning danced along her skin at the contact as she inhaled sharply. A moment later, the contact broke and she found that she desired more. No, she craved more. Kinta felt her left hand move upward, her thumb grazing along the curve of his lower lip.

Was it truly a weakness or was it a strength? Perhaps both. There were times when she felt weak, distracted but when he was with her, beside her, she felt empowered, whole. Both corners of her lips curved upward, forming a genuine smile, one that seemed to reach those black eyes of hers. It took her a try or two to clear her through before she could speak, but when she did, her voice was a whisper that passed between them.

"I have felt it as well, Taral. Just as strongly."

The fingers of her right hand trailed back and forth over the back of his neck, nails teasing the skin with a light caress.

"I feel both weak and astoundingly strong, as if we could conquer the galaxy as long as we are together."

Kinta sighed softly, but it was a contented sound. Her thumb slid down along his lower lip, pulling it down ever so slightly before she gave into instinct and captured his lips once more with  her own.

{Continued in Darkness Bound}

The Force shall free me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kozan Saad
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Male 45

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Light   February 8th 2017, 9:57 am

{Continued from Darkness Bound}

That was how they remained for almost 16 hours, Sarrai folded over Saad's form, both seeming peaceful and calm.

Saad's sleep was far from peaceful, though.  His mind had become divided, and as he lay there unconscious, the two halves began trying to destroy one another.  One was the all-encompassing darkness that had always held sway over Saad, his mind, heart and objectives, and the other was something new.  Something hot and bright, and despite being something entirely new, with little footing within Saad's psyche, it was stubbornly very powerful.  What he couldn't know was that it was, in fact, the Light side of the Force beginning to grow within him.

The seeds of this Light were in truth planted within Saad by the perfectly preserved and still very sane Jedi Master Thon's spirit when he was consumed on Ambria.  So great, so powerful, was Thon's compassion, his love and caring of all things which lived, that it was the one and only thing that Saad actually acquired through consumption.  This aspect of the Jedi Master so greatly dwarfed all other aspects of himself that aside from memories, not one iota of power, not a single ability, were assimilated into Saad from him, only and just his compassion.  

These seeds were now blossoming into affection, joy, happiness, humor and, as he himself said the words, love.  Kinta Sarrai was at the forefront of the reasons why the compassion flourished so rapidly, only a couple of years near totally transforming Saad in any situation that involved her, though truthfully these feelings would have invaded Saad's personality regardless, it only would have taken much longer.  She sped things up, instilling the influence of these feeling from without, even as Jedi Master Thon's existence in the conglomerate did so from within.  But it was more, obviously.  A piece of him changed upon seeing her that first time.  In other situations, Saad more likely would have placed his left foot on the side of a dying person's neck and applied pressure until they cracked underfoot.  The sharing of it, you see.  That is why.  Saad's actual plans were only known to the sphere and himself, no others.  The existence of the objects he's collected, will be collecting from here on, all tie into his end goal, and the addition of another so close to the center was not only dangerous to the continuity of the plan, but caused destabilization amongst the Sith peoples he ruled over.  And this much was evidenced as fact as of late.  Never-the-less, Saad had opened a Force Bond with her instantly, just hadn't realized it until over a week later.  

His Darkness recognized all of this as what it was; a distraction.  No matter how aligned she was with his goals, the Dark mind of Saad could only truly view her as a disposable object, skilled and useful though she might be.  And this was a disgusting and vile idea to the growing Light mind of Saad, which insisted upon the destruction of the Dark for it.  And now, they fight, claw, scream and lash at each other within his subconscious.  

This internal struggle was totally non-existent while Saad was awake, as his unflinching, and quite honestly unnatural, willpower during consciousness was unmatchable, even by the combination of all that existed within him fighting all at once.  Truly, he was almost totally unaware of his own conflictions.

Master...

He heard the sphere ring aloud in his mind, like a chime except oh-so-much-less invasive.  It was very gentle, the barest of nudges.

Master, please.

Concern.  That was concern.  Saad's conscious mind began to stir.  The sphere is rarely concerned.

Please wake.

Saad's eyes began to part, but it was not the ceiling he was seeing before him, it was the floor.  His eyes shot apart, startled confusion taking over he swung his head to the side, and found he was levitating a few meters away from the bed.  In this startled confusion, whatever he had been doing to make himself levitate ended, and he came back down quickly nearly landing upon his right brow.  With a very quick and soft usage of Push, he mitigated almost all of the falling energy and rotated his body so that he landed not-all-that-harshly on his chest on the floor to the soft smack of his flesh slapping the smooth metal surface.  

An almost non-existent groan slipped out of his mouth, brought on more by his befuddlement than pain of impact, while he hoisted himself up enough to clearly see that Sarrai was still motionless and asleep.  He shook his head momentarily and lazily looked around the dimly lit sphere, and saw his bowl with the spoon sticking out of it in the center of the meditation circle.  He picked himself up and began walking over there when the sphere spoke into his mind once more.

You must eat, Master.  You greatly over-exerted yourself.

She was not wrong, but it was not her place either.  Saad continued over and found the bowl to be full and still hot, but gave no attention to it right away, and instead continued to the water skin lying on the floor by the incomplete wall of the circle.  He drank deep of the nearly ice cold water within it before considering how cold it actually was.

You will cease your pettiness immediately.  The next time I see my breath in this sphere will be the last that you exist within it.  Jealousy does not become you, you are a Kissai priestess of the Sith!

Saad responded telepathically before now strolling over to the bowl and leaning down to scoop it up from the floor.  He didn't sit, but instead walked over to the holoscreens as he greedily shoveled a large spoonful of mostly mushrooms into his mouth.

Display fleet coordinates

He commanded her mentally.  She didn't protest, and the appropriate screens popped up in the air, angled so he could see them. They were nearly there, matter of a few hours.  Saad and Kinta would drop from hyperspace for another 10 hours into the space nearing Honoghr, and another 2 in transit until breaking atmosphere.

"Good, right on schedule."  He said out loud, but still barely above a whisper before scooping more soup into his mouth.  It had become greatly thicker and was much more a stew consistency now, but with every mouthful he felt more revived and aware.

The holocron, Master...

Ah, yes.  The holocron

He thought out loud as he held his hand out to his side.  The pyramidal object shuddered momentarily and then came flipping up from the table into the air.  It rounded the pillar, turned sharply and slide between the barrier and the meditation circle wall and tumbled into his palm while Saad squinted his eyes at the screen, scrutinizing something displayed in the upper right hand corner of one of the screens displaying information on Tave Laisvas, Saad's flagship.

What is that?

Saad questioned very firmly.  That screen pulled through the others to the top and enlarged before zooming into the data field.  Saad overturned his hand and dropped the holocron, which continued to float there spinning, and reach up and tapped on that field, and it enlarged into an incredibly detailed list of communications data.  The second to last transmission was enormously encrypted, sent from an unknown holoreceiver on board the Tave Laisvas and sent to unknown/modified/erased coordinates, the computer system could not determine how it was accomplished.  The only listed information for the destination of the transmission was that the location resided in the Outer Rim region of space.  

I do not know, Master.  It would guess that a plot against you or your companion may be in motion

Saad continued scanning over all the information present for the past 10 communications, but all of the rest were extremely plain and documented to the very last nanosecond of transmission.  He wondered to himself how many terminals with holoreceivers were actually on his flagship, and how many of those existed somewhere private.

How many terminals capable of accessing this information are within private quarters of Tave Laisvas?

He questioned her, but no quick response came.

Master...I cannot access the main processor of Tave Laisvas.  Hyperspace interference, it appears.  I will be unable to access it until they drop from hyperspace travel.

"Hmm." He hummed out loud.  His appetite had diminished greatly upon seeing this anomaly, but he forced himself to continue eating despite it.

Inform me the second that my flagship leaves hyperspace.

His discontent leaked from every mentally transmitted syllable, and he turned away from the screens before they could upset him any further and back to the holocron. The shapes on it were foreign to him, which was saying something considering the depth and breadth of his knowledge of the archaic and lost.  It had a great many round symbols, which were uncommon for Sith designs, but not unheard of.  Unlocking it would likely take the majority of their remaining flight time, but if it was going to happen, he had better begin.

He began walking back toward Kinta, pyramidal holocron floating just out in front of his chest as he slowly made his way, eating quite as rapidly as he could.  He'd rendered his food down to the last bite as he sat back down by Kinta's feet and once more fixated his attention on the holocron.

Within this sharp-edged, 3-dimensional triangle of crystal, metal and Dark side energies was one of the most defining pieces of Saad's plans.  The knowledge of a Force ability that affects the minds of others, from within the mind of the user.  The exact details of this ability were unknown to him, to all, due to the fact that not even the ancient Sith knew how to open it. It was described in lore to be a weapon of those who could not affect or dominate the minds of others through ordinary means, and in this way would use one's own mind and one's own dominance of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kinta Sarrai
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Female 96

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Light   February 8th 2017, 3:54 pm

Ren stood in the very center of the abandoned lab deep in the heart of Endor's forest. To think that his grandfather had possibly stood here once gave him a sense of connection. Not just to Vader, but to Kinta. He had read over Darth Sidious' notes pertaining to a project known only as Kraujas. It was a word he had never heard before and he found himself wondering over it's origins. His gloved thumb brushed over the datapad in his right hand, caressing over the image of a very young girl, perhaps no older than four. She was strapped to the very wheeled table that not sat in disuse before him. Her eyes were closed, breating labored. On the table beside her sat various bowls and vials filled with liquids, pastes and powders. Droids buzzed around her in a flurry of activity. This young girl had been a pet project, a hidden enigma that had been created Alchemically from various forms of DNA. She had been created to be perfect, or as close to perfect as Sidious had deemed.

He whirled around immediately.

"Ready the ship. We leave for Honoghr immediately."

"Yes, sir." The Trooper responded following behind the Commander as they left the lab, Ren still holding onto the datapad as if it were a life line.

------

Sarrai's brow frowned, her fingers clunching at the sheets beneath her. A faint whimper escaped her lips. It was as if some unknown entity was causing her pain. In her dreams, she remembered the first time of having her body broken.

The whip she could handle. It had happened enough already that she had become nearly sensitized to its bite into her flesh. It was almost as if her torturer knew this and had started resorting to other methods. Knives, burns. But the worst had been the blunt objects used to bash her legs. They had crushed nearly every bone in both of them, preventing her from future escape attempts. Though she healed far too quickly, it did nothing to diminish the pain of it. They had her chained to the grated ceiling. Again. The thick metallic pipe they were using this time swung out with a whistle of air and connected with her left knee, effectively shattering it in a hundred pieces. The girl screamed.

Out loud, in the waking world, she screamed with it and shot bolt upright in bed. Her right hand rose, the heel of her palm pressing against her brow at the massive pounding in her head. She was going to be sick. Kinta scrambled from the bed, the sheets twisting around her. With a fierce growl, she shredded them to pieces in her haste to get away, anywhere to escape the memory and the growing unease in her stomach. Her hand fumbled out and caught a switch. A portion of the wall slid aside revealing a small room that appeared to be use as the refresher. A toilet and showerhead were the only things in the room itself. With a retch of her insides, she knelt before the toilet, a hand braced against the wall beside it for support. Her vision swam, threatening to black out completely.

She took a deep, steadying breath through her nose, letting it out just as slowly through her mouth. She continued like that for a few more breaths, releaved when her vision began to clear and her stomach slowly began to settle. What in the Force had that been about? None of her nightmares or dreams in the past had ever effected her so strongly. Turning, she pressed her seemingly feverish forehead against the coolness of the wall and just breathed slowly. In through the nose, out through the mouth.

The Force shall free me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kozan Saad
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Male 45

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Light   February 9th 2017, 10:42 am

He was intently studying the dissimilarities between each of the simple circles on the holocron, having already skipped past the likewise rounded sigils scattered across it.  From his knowledge of holocrons, he determined that the sigils themselves would be much more evident after it was open, and the glyphs on the holocron almost only ever state the contents, having nothing at all to do with how to unlock it.  Each one was a puzzle of sorts, ranging from simple suggestive activation to a massively intricate and complex cypher of exact steps to unlock.  It truthfully depended entirely on the will of the creator as well as the complexity of their mind, then the specific designs they have for the holocron in question.  Thus far, 6 circles were identically isometric, and all others were slightly off in some way or another.  But before he could investigate anything further, his whole body trembled in the most awful and sick way.

Kinta screamed beside him, and his gaze shot down to her without hesitation, brows furrowed together and eyes wide open, a combination of alarm and confusion.  She scrambled and tore her way out of the blanket and off the bed and ran into the refresher, staggering her whole way there.

Saad left the holocron spinning there in the air and went rushing to Kinta's side. As he swept down to her, he placed his left palm on the back of her shoulder and readily noticed that she was abnormally warm.

"Nulis.  Nulis aras j'us zemone" Love. Love, are you alright?  He softly repeated at her and even in the Sith tongue, worry was clearly present in the tone of his voice.

The fingertips of his right hand coiled gently around her bicep while he rubbed at her back with the palms of just his fingertips in a wide circle on her upper back with almost as little pressure as he could.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Light   

Back to top Go down

Darkness and Light
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next