AuthorMessage
Draven
Site Owner
Site Owner

Female 458

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Fire   March 13th 2017, 4:31 pm

I wrote this as the beginnings of a book which I later tweaked a bit to fit along with the Sanguine storyline. I wasn't happy with either version so I started again. Fire was the only name I could think of to call this piece though I am sure I could come up with something more catching later on. Anyway, I hope you enjoy what I've re-written so far. There is certainly more to come so stay tuned!

Color Claim:#00ff00
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bloodchronicles.net
Draven
Site Owner
Site Owner

Female 458

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Fire   March 13th 2017, 4:33 pm

List of Characters

Abaddon - Ash Costello
Syrus - Christ Motionless/Jared Leto (Yes we have been seeing a lot of Leto lately. I think he is a pretty decent actor and can pull off a lot of the odd ball characters out there. Once you get to know Syrus, you will be able to see who fits him better)
Lucifer - Arksenkiel
Sebastian - Tom Hardy
Proctor - Vin Diesel
Cade - Rocky Danny
Dorian - Jason Momoa
Uriel -
Michael - Joe Manigellio
Gabriel -
Viktoria - Maria Brink
Amish -

Back to top Go down
Draven
Site Owner
Site Owner

Female 458

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Fire   March 13th 2017, 4:34 pm

Chapter One

The shrill ringing of her cell phone cut through the haze of sleep. She mumbled something unintelligable before groping out blindly through the pitch dark. Her fingers; with their array of different silver rings, closed over the slim smart phone, pulling it with her beneath the nest of plush crimson covers. She groaned inwardly at the number that flashed across her screen.
"Abaddon." She answered in a husky voice still laced with the edges of sleep. The phone's screen came alive with nearly blinding light. She squinted against the harsh glare and pressed the speaker phone option, propping the phone on the pillow since she lacked the energy to hold it to her ear.
"Aby." The man on the opposite end of the phone spoke with a voice both compelling and beautiful with traces of a cultured Irish accent. The simple sound of his nickname for her conjured up the mental image of what he looked like. Short, well kept dark brown hair was always styled sophisticatedly, swept back away from a breath-takingly handsome face. His strong jaw was perpetually clean shaven, but it was the fierce green of his eyes that was the most captivating.
"What is it, Sebastian?" She inquired, running the palms of her hands over her face. She had know the Master Vampire for nearly ten years now, and in that time, they had become fairly good friends.
"I understand that you only got to sleep about an hour ago, so I won't take up any more of your time than necessary." He paused for a moment, taking a deep breath. "Kristov has been killed."
"Shit." She commented with feeling. Kristov had been one of the other Vampire members of the Blood Crown Court as well as one of Sebastian's Children.
"I'm sorry, Sebastian. When did this happen?"
"Gabriella found him at sunset. When he didn't wake at his normal time, she went to check on him."
"Jesus. How is she?"
"Sedated. Angelique is with her now, keeping watch." Angelique was the Priestess and Healer for the local Witch Coven and part of the Blood Crown Court as well.
"Was it prolonged exposure?" She asked, knowing that Vampires were vulnerable to sunlight. Master Vampires; like Sebastian, could survive at least twenty four hours beneath the sun. A Vampire like Kristov could only survive at least twelve.
Sebastian hesitated. He didn't want to tell her but he would rather she heard the details from him than someone else.
"His heart was removed from behind, suggesting that he perhaps knew his killer, trusted him at his back." He finally answered softly, knowing fully well that he had just shook the very foundation she stood on.
Almost instantly, her blood went ice cold.
--------------------------------------------------
A sound had awoken her. It was shrill, high-pitched and unforgetable. It was the kind of sound that immediately struck feat into the hearts of even the bravest of men. Something was horribly wrong. She could feel it like a physical presence, suffocating her. Mustering up the strength, the courage, she slid from the warm safe haven of her bed. The floor was unforgivably cold beneath her bare feet.
Slowly, she crept across the pine wood floor, stepping carefully over the parts that would creak. It was eerily silent now, a deep terrifying hush. She made her way down the stairs of the log cabin that she and her best friend Viktoria called home. It was set in the heart of a wooded ten acres, far enough away from civilization that the sights and sounds from the city didn't reach them here.
Her bare foot slid in something slick and sticky on the ice cold wood of the kitchen floor. She caught the edge of the black marble counter before she landed on her butt. A frigid blast of air slapped against her even through the black sweats and ratty sweatshirt she had word to bed. The door that led from the kitchen and out into the back yard was wide open. Dark trails of inky blood led out along the floor and into a blinding snow storm.
Her feet froze instantly when she stepped out into the blood stained snow. She could barely see two inches in front of her face. Suddenly, she stumbled and landed hard, nearly coming face-to-face with the savagely torn remains of Viktoria. She was covered in blood, her back ripped open and her heart was missing. Immediately, she scrambled to her feet, but before a scream could escape, something struck her from behind. It felt as though a truck had slammed into her, carring her down with it's weight as it shoved her violently face down into the snow.
---------------------------------------------------------
"Are you alright, Aby?" Sebastian's voice called ehr back to reality.
"Is it him?" She asked softly, not trusting the full use of her voice. It had been nearly six years since Viktoria's death at the hands of a Demon known only as the Broker and for nearly three of those, she had been hunting him down.
"We don't know, but it looks very similiar to Viktoria."
She stood from the bed, clutching the covers loosely against the front of her.
"I am assuming that you are calling an emergency Court meeting. Are you at home or at Celtic?" She inquired, shutting off the speaker phone and propping it between her ear and shoulder.
"I'm at Celtic currently, but will be heading home soon to meet with the rest of the Court." Celtic was a very popular Irish themed night club that was only one of many venues that Sebastian owned. He was not only a profitable business man, he was also the head of the entire Blood Crown Court, a group of every preternatural leader within the city.
"I have a meeding at Lunar in a few hours, but I will swing by after."
"Any help you can offer us would be welcome. What are you going to Lunar for? You have been avoiding going there since we met."
She sighed softly, running a hand through sleep tousled hair.
"Cade called me yesterday asking to meet with me, but I have a meeting with Syrus. His contacts have more information concerning the Broker."
"And what does our charming Alpha want this time?"
"Who knows, but if I had to guess, probably me."
Sebastian snorted faintly. "Good luck with that. Cade can be very...stubborn."
"That's putting it mildly, Sebastian."

Abaddon turned her attention away from the large leather bound book that was laying open on the table in front of her. The glass of wine she had ordered remained untouched, sitting in it's little black and silver coaster that sported the bar's howling wolf logo. Her water glass, however, was in desperate need of a refill. Lunar was a well known Shifter hangout. The local Werewolf Pack gathered here for their meetings. The Pack's King; Cade Davinyoung, owned the bar and nearly everyone that worked here was some flavor of Shifter. She could feel the intensity of their energy.
Slowly, she allowed the tips of her fingers to hover downward over the ancient and brittle pages. The Book was a Codex containing valuable information on various types of Demons. It was a tome she had "acquired without permission" from the Order and until the Broker was dealt with, she wasn't about to give it back any time soon. She needed it.
A familiar shadow fell over the book, blocking what little light there was in the bar's dimly lit interior.
"You make a better door than a window, Dorian." The man in mention stood at the corner of her small black lacquered table. It was a bold move on his part considering who and what she was. Instantly, one of her custom silver knives was out beneath the table and aimed in the general direction of his family jewels. He was Cade's Enforcer, his Second in Command and personal bodyguard. That didn't mean that she trusted him. Quite the opposite in fact.
"You were invited here by my King. Do not forefit your safe passage for being foolish." Came the deep rumble of his growling bass of a voice.
She looked up and into his semi-shadowed face. He was devistatingly handsome. There was a primitive raw sex appeal that made it seem as if he always carried his Beast close to the surface. Long dark hair tumbled in thick chocolate waves past broad, muscular shoulders. Though his eyes were covered, hidden behind a pair of dark Ray Bans, Abaddon knew that they were the same golden amber that all Werewolves possessed. He was dressed in the Pack's unofficial uniform of biker gang chic. Faded and ripped black jeans held a long steel chain at his left hip that disappeared into his back pocket. The jeans clung to his narrow waist by a black leather belt complete with a stainless steel skull belt buckle. A long sleeved black Harley Davidson t-shirt clung to his powerful chest. The sleeves were pushed back to reveal the heavily tattooed, muscular forearms. Well worn black leather boots and the Pack's ever present black leather best with the large howling wolf on the back, rounded off his look.
"Where is your King?" Aby asked, taking her free hand away from the book. It abruptly closed as if two giant hands had slammed it shut. It levitated off of the table and floated on it's own into the open flap of her black leather back pack. She was dressed in form-hugging black leggings that showed off the curves of her hips. A black sweater hung off her right shoulder, baring the strap of the black tank top she wore beneath. Knee high- black leather boots sported virtually no heel, giving her a silent range of movement whenever she walked. Her waist length black hair was piled into a messy bun, leaving wisps to frame her face.
"His King is right here." Came a slightly husky voice from behind Dorian's right shoulder. The voice was laced with a subtle Cajun accent. She watched in faint amusement as Dorian sneered down at her, a faint flirtatious wink passing across his face for a split second.
"It's alright, Dorian. She won't hurt me."
"Contemplating it." She mumbled just loud enough for the Enforcer to hear. His teeth flashed in a faint snorting laugh before he covered it up quite well with a cough. Dorian was a very well known open flirt and he had made it quite obvious that he desire Abaddon before though he obviously hid it in front of his King. With a soft sigh, she slid the knife back home in the empty sheath at her right thigh. Dorian; who almost always took his job seriously, moved away the moment he noticed the knife was gone. Reluctantly, he moved away from the table to stand beside the packed bar. Her silver gaze flicked towards Cade and her breath passed from her lips in a rush of air. Whereas Dorian was aggressively sexy, the King held more of a dangerous commanding presence, a primitive raw aura that oozed sex. She could feel his golden gaze burning over her possessively from behind the mirrored Avaitors. His black hair was shaved on both sides of his head, leaving a wide strip that he always kept slicked back away from a ruggedly handsome face. Dark stubble shadowed his strong jaw. The Alpha moved with the fluid grace of a lethal predator as he took a seat in the chair across from her.
"It's been a while, Abaddon." He said with a near smirk.
"It hasn't been long enough, I'm afraid. What do you want, Cade? Why did you ask me to come down here?" She asked, turning her gaze away from Dorian to stair straight into those mirrored frames.
He sighed softly, sitting back in the chair. "What is it about Shifters that you hate?"
"I don't hate Shifters. I'm cautious. I try not to get too close with anyone. They tend to end up dead." She replied matter-of-factly. Abaddon worked for the Court hunting down rogue Shifters and Vampires. She was also a very powerful Witch that had been gifted at birth with the ability to use Death Magick. It was an art forbidden by most Coven's as it tended to leave too many bodies behind.
"I'm an Alpha, Aby. I can put up a hell of a fight."
"I am not doubting that, Cade, but a Shifter, even an Alpha does not have the ability to ward off a possession. The Beast does not understand the spiritual aspect of it. You wouldn't have any control." Because of her abilities, she was almost perpetually hunted by Demons who sought her for their own purposes.
"I think there is something more personal to your aversion to Shifters."
"That is none of your business, Wolf." She nearly growled in response.
"I care about you, Aby. You are close with Syrus and Sebastian, yet you keep me at arms length. I've known you just as long as they have."
She groaned inwardly, running the palms of her hands over her face.
"I am not having this discussion with you. I have other things to deal with." She pushed herself up out of the chair and slide her back pack onto her shoulder.
"But you will have this discussion with Syrus."
She arched a single brow. "My Goddess, are you jealous?"
"You apend all of your time with him. Why wouldn't I be?"
"I am not dignifying that with a response, Davinyoung."
"Don't tell me you're not attracted to him. I have seen the way the two of you interact with one another. Hell, I've had to take cold showers after watching the two of you."
She snorted faintly. "Who I am attracted to is none of your business, Wolf."
The expression on the Alpha's face was one of smug satisfaction as he rose from the chair and moved towards her, standing mere inches away from touching.
"I know you are attracted to me. I can smell it. There is no reason why we can't be together, Aby." Cade leaned forward, his breath caressing over the bare skin at her right shoulder.
"Mmm. The things we could do together."
Before his lips could connect with her skin, there was a low warning growl that came from the shadowed corner booth a few feet away. The lights in the bar seemed to dim and flicker. Eyes of a rich vivid red flashed from the shadows as a tall, dark figure leaned forward, pinning it's gaze on the Alpha Werewolf.
"Back off, Davinyoung." She warned him before her shadowy guardian decided he had enough. Syrus was overly protective of her. Any man that came near her, disrespected her in any way, usually had to be brought to the hospital.
The Wolf King sighed softly, taking a slow, cautious step back. "This would be my point, Abaddon. He follows you everywhere you go. It's creepy. I know you feel something for me. I promise that you will be mine before the next Blood Moon."
She let out a frustrated growl before throwing her hands up in the air. She turned on her heel and stormed her way out of the bar.
"Smooth, Wolf." The shadowed figure peeled away from the darkness and stepped closer to Cade. Syrus towered over him by nearly half a foot and through he was thinner, built with lean muscle, he was by far the more powerful of the two and they both knew it. Shoulder length black hair was slicked back away from his angular face. His nose was slightly hooked and large but it didn't diminish ofrom his handsome features. His brows were drastic, hand drawn perfectly in star black over those eerie blood red eyes. If the Wolf King was honest with himself, Syrus scared the shit out of him. He wasn't sure if it was the other man's ruthlessness or the way he looked.
"A piece of advice, Dog. Abaddon is not meant for you. Go bark up someone elses tree before you get neutered." Without another word, he disappeared in a flash of Hellfire and Brimstone.

Back to top Go down
Draven
Site Owner
Site Owner

Female 458

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Fire   March 13th 2017, 4:34 pm

Chapter Two

He stood leaning casually against the stone column that kept the gate to Sebastian's estate secure. To say that the Vampire lived in a simple house was a mere understatement. It was a freaking castle that belonged on the cliffs of Ireland or Scotland. A black papered cigarette smouldered between his gloved thumb and index finger as he exhaled a thick plum of smoke. He could hear the tell-tale rumble of Aby's car in the distance. He knew she would head here. It was one of her safe havens, her sanctuary. It was one of the places that she felt the most safe and with the circumstances of Kristov's death looming over her, she would need that now more than ever.
The fully restored, sleek black 1969 Camaro rolled to a stop just before it reached the gates. A small smile tugged at her mouth when she saw Syrus standing there. There was one thing Cade had been right about. She was attracted to the Demon. She had been since the first met nearly ten years prior. As the memory of that intense first encounter popped into her head, she was left nearly breathless. Shaking the images from her head, she killed the car's engine and slid out. She mimicked Syrus, leaning casually against the Chevy's front fender.
"Stalking me now, Syrus?" She inquired, folding her arms across her stomach. The night had turned damp within the last hour, promising a decent thunderstorm in the near future. She could hear the faint rumble of thunder in the distance, like the growl of some predatory animal.
"That would be the least of your worries, doll." There was a faint glimmer of light as it reflected off of the triple piercings in his lower lip. He took a drag off of the cigarette, exhaling the smoke as he continued to speak/ "As I'm sure you already know, Kristov was killed. Rumor has it in the Underground, that the Wolves had a hand in it." He watched her turn deathly pale for the second time that night. "This is speculation, mind you. Babbling of tortured souls and crazed Demons. I doubt you can put much stock in what they say, but I wanted to warn you to be careful."
"Concerned for my well being? I'm flattered." Aby turned her gaze away from him for a moment and sighed softly. "I already considered the Wolves. They act as daytime security for most of the Vampires in this city and are most likely to get close enough to a Master Vampire without them even realizing the danger."
Pride swelled through him. She was still as clever as always.
"I figured you might have thought of it already, but just in that off chance that you hadn't, I wanted to plant the seed, so to speak."
Her gaze shifted back towards him and he caught the tell-tale red flicker in her grey eyes. His suspicions were confirmed.
"No need to plant anything. It's been there for a long time already, but I still have to investigate every avenue. The Order is going to be hounding me as it is."
"Why's that, beautiful?"
"Sebastian seems to think that there's a connection with the Broker. Any and all cases concerning the Broker have been flagged priority. I just know Gabriel will be breathing down my neck."
Syrus was silent for a moment as he though about it.
"It is possible that there is a connection, but doesn't the Broker barter in souls and not murder?"
"One would think so, but that didn't seem to stop him from murdering my best friend."

She had promised Syrus that she wouldn't investigate further on the Broker without him. He was her ticked to the Underground afterall. She needed him. At least that's what she told herself as she parked her car beside Sebastian's jet black Bentley. Was it that she needed him, or was it that she wanted him? Groaning softly, Aby let her head fall back against the leather headrest of the driver's seat. She closed her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath, steadying her nerves. For a few months now, she had been getting flashes, pieces of her memories that kept trying to resurface. Seeing Syrus tonight had somehow triggered a more intense wave of them that had left her shaken. He was connected to her past somehow, she just knew it.
Pushing it all aside, Abaddon opened her eyes and slid out of the Camaro. Proctor; one of Sebastian's security and personal servants, stood by the back door waiting for her.
"Good evening, Miss Abaddon." His deep baritone voice was always calm, reminding her of a father figure. That was exactly what Proctor was to both her and Sebastian even though the Master Vampire was nearly a thousand years old. The man servant stood at nearly six foot three and was as wide through the shoulders as the doorway. His head was cleanly shaved and a full goatee framed a thin-lipped mouth.
"Good evening, Proctor. How is everyone holding up?" She inquired, adjusting the back pack on her right shoulder.
"Miss Gabriella is resting in the Yellow Room in the East Wing. Madame Angelique has given her a sedative safe for both her and the baby. Your room in the North Hall has been prepared."
She frowned slightly.
"My room is usually in the South Wing, Proctor."
"As I reminded Master Sebastian, but he insisted that your rooms be moved to the North Hall next door to his. You share a connecting sitting area."
Her brow frowned further.
"He does remember that I hunt down the preternatural for a living, yes?"
The man servant chuckled.
"He is not very likely to forget, Miss Abaddon. He told me that it was at Syrus' request. He will explain things further a bit later. The Court is now gathering in the conference room."
"Thank you, Proctor."
Without another word, she stepped past him and into the lavish kitchen. It was large enough to run a full scale restaurant and was applianced with top quality equipment. It was immaculately clean and hardly ever used except by either her or Proctor. Most everyone else that visited Sebastian was a Vampire and had no use for a kitchen. Aby doubted any of them even knew how to use the stove. Beyond the kitchen was a massive hallway that was probably bigger than most people's houses. Shiny pine wood floors gleamed beneath the subtle lighting hanging from the ancient wrought iron sconces. The walls were a deep red and decorated with priceless pieces of art and sculptures that the Vampire had collected over the centuries. She passed by a hand woven tapestry that she knew had been made by his grandmother. The Celtic knotwork patterns wove together in endless loops forming a rich and powerful symbol for protection.
She let her fingertips trail over a priceless painting depicting Lucifer's fall from the Heavens. She remembered sitting here and staring at that painting for hours. She still swears that the figure to the left of Lucifer looked just like Syrus. Though she did seem to have her thoughts filled with him lately, perhaps she was imagining things. Dropping her hand, Abaddon strode casually through the still open doors of the conference room. All conversation seemed to come to a stand still the moment she was spotted.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire   

Back to top Go down

Fire
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1