Music Heals the Soul, not the Body

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vangelo
Vitae
Vitae

Male 34

PostSubject: Music Heals the Soul, not the Body   October 26th 2013, 12:48 am

The sound of strangled guitar music drifted over the Vega Villa, coming from a garden surrounded by bushes, and with only two entrances, one at the house and one, a gate leading to a path that marched straight into the forest on the outskirts of the city. The source of the ear-splitting guitar was a lone Spanish man, sitting in the garden and focusing his entire attention on the guitar held between his two hands. One, his right, moved with skill, and precession, while the other, his left, refused to move in patterns learned in the early years of his life, nearly 5,000 years ago. With a frown, and a growl, he lowered the guitar to his lap and flexed his left hand.

Setting the guitar on a holder standing next to his chair, he pressed a button on a stereo next to him, allowing music to flow out, and through the garden, and the Villa beyond. Soon after the music began, a voice followed, along with the distinct noise of a plastic cup being rapped against a table.

"I got my ticket for the long way Ďround
Two bottle Ďa whiskey for the way
And I sure would like some sweet company
And Iím leaving tomorrow, wha-do-ya say?

When Iím gone
When Iím gone
Youíre gonna miss me when Iím gone
Youíre gonna miss me by my hair
Youíre gonna miss me everywhere, oh

Iíve got my ticket for the long way Ďround
The one with the prettiest of views
Itís got mountains, itís got rivers, itís got sights to give you shivers
But it sure would be prettier with you

When Iím gone
When Iím gone
Youíre gonna miss me by my walk
Youíre gonna miss me by my talk, oh
Youíre gonna miss me when Iím gone"

As the music died to an end, so did the voice, and the sound of the cup. Silence filled the garden, and the Villa. The Vegas knew that Vangelo was in one of his dark moods, and they knew not to disturb him. At least, those who had seen the mood before knew, and kept those who hadn't away from the garden.

For several long minutes, the silence held in the garden, matched only by the silence from the Villa itself, before, from the garden, came the sound of the stereo turning on again. And once again, the voice of Vangelo lifted, filling the garden, and the rest of the Villa with music.

"I could lift you up
I could show you what you want to see
And take you where you want to be
You could be my luck
Even if the sky is falling down
I know that we'll be safe and sound
We're safe and sound

I could fill your cup
You know my river won't evaporate
This world we still appreciate
You could be my luck
Even in a hurricane of frowns

(Safe and sound)
We're safe and sound
(Safe and sound)
We're safe and sound
(Hold your ground)
We're safe and sound
(Safe and sound)

I could show you love
In a tidal wave of mystery
You'll still be standing next to me
You could be my luck
Even if we're six feet underground
We're safe and sound

Safe and sound
Safe and sound
Hold your ground
Safe and sound

I could lift you up
You could be my luck

I could lift you up
You could be my luck

We're safe and sound
We're safe and sound
We're safe and sound
We're safe and sound

(Safe and sound)
We're safe and sound
(Safe and sound)
We're safe and sound
(Hold your ground)
We're safe and sound
(Safe and sound)
We're safe and sound"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mythos
RPG Moderator
RPG Moderator

Female 19

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Music Heals the Soul, not the Body   November 21st 2013, 6:37 pm

Radraven stood within the very shadows, blending in with the darkness as only the Daughter of Vampires could. Though the rightful heir to her mother's throne, she was not your typical brat princess. In fact, she almost detested being called "princess". Vangelo's butler, Allistar had let her into the Vega Estate, a Spanish styled affair that boasted stucco walls and terra cotta tiled roofs. She knew Vangelo when he was in one of his dark moods, for she had her own lately. Ever since Kain's disappearance several years earlier, Radraven had found herself in a perpetual dark place. She supposed it was apart of her Bloodline's abilities, but it was there none-the-less and no matter how hard she tried to dig herself out of the rut, she couldn't break free. It was sad really. She was young, even by Vampire standards. A couple of centuries was all she had under her belt.

"If you continue to frown like that, you'll develop a perpetual scowl on your face, V." Her voice was soft when she finally spoke, just barely above a whisper. It was then that she stepped from the darkness around the garden. Worn and ripped pale blue jeans clung to her waist by a black leather belt complete with it's silver fanged skull belt buckle. A long sleeved black and red t-shirt boasted the current nightclub she worked for on the left side of her chest. Devil was scrawled in white over a red tribal flame. She didn't need to work, but it kept her mind busy. Hell, she owned the club afterall.

"What's got you in a mood, tonight?" She inquired, making an attempt to be friendly to one of her oldest friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vangelo
Vitae
Vitae

Male 34

PostSubject: Re: Music Heals the Soul, not the Body   November 23rd 2013, 2:32 am

At the movement from the shadows, Vangelo looked up, reaching a hand over to the radio to switch it off. The other hand dropped to lift the crossbow sitting at his side, lifting it to point at the intruder. And then lowered it again, as he saw who it was. Then he leaned forward, to answer her.

"5,000 years ago, a Spanish King was murdered by three of his closest advisers. Two men were witness to this act. One of them was killed on the spot. The other was shot twice, with crossbows. One in the shoulder. One in the hand."

As he spoke, he slid his shirt to the side to show a scar on his right shoulder, before lifting his left hand, to show a matching scar.

"I killed all three of those men, shortly before dying myself, Radraven. 5,000 years ago, tonight," he finished softly, his eyes flashing a deep purple. And then he smiled, sadly."You know what the sad part is? Only three people on the planet are old enough to know the name of this King. And none of them have ever spoken of the night he and his five closest friends died."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mythos
RPG Moderator
RPG Moderator

Female 19

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Music Heals the Soul, not the Body   November 23rd 2013, 6:16 am

"Perhaps they do not speak it out of respect for you, V. I know that is why my mother doesn't speak of it." She replied, a touch of sympathay in her bi-colored eyes. Her right was a startling peridot green just like her mothers and the other a striking cyan blue like her fathers. She eyed the crossbow for a moment before turning her attention to Vangelo. His strong features undoubtedly pegged him for being Hispanic and the subtle accent only further confirmed it.

Radraven moved towards him then, her movements a perfect sycronization of grace and beauty. She was a Teniszben afterall, able to envoke both love and lust in her chosen prey. She wasn't the first of her Bloodline. Kain had been, but he was gone now, and research was beginning to show that she had been born a Teniszben. She had gained her mother's abilities for inflicting lust and she had gained the power over love from the love her mother and father felt for eachother.

"Would it be rude of me to wish you a happy birthday?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vangelo
Vitae
Vitae

Male 34

PostSubject: Re: Music Heals the Soul, not the Body   December 8th 2013, 3:18 am

"Every year, I spend one night sitting out here, by myself. The Children of the Vega House avoid me, as do the Children of the other Bloodlines. You are the first to come here, Radraven. For that, I thank you." He leaned back in his chair for a moment, keeping his violet eyes focused on her dual-colored ones.

"If you want to wish me a happy birthday, I won't say no. However, I do object to those Teniszben tricks your Line is so fond of," he continued, smirking softly at her. "Being yourself will work far better then those," he finished, his eyes taking on a glow for a long moment, letting the smirk grow into a smile. "And I thought tonight I'd be moping all night."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mythos
RPG Moderator
RPG Moderator

Female 19

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Music Heals the Soul, not the Body   December 8th 2013, 12:13 pm

Radraven inclined her head briefly, a small bow of respect among the Vitae's. "I am probably one of the few who are not so fond of my Line's abilities. It is a double-edged blade that cuts far too deep. I prefer not to use them unless absolutely necessary. I do not speak for all of my Children, however, but I have forbidden them to use such..Gifts against their prey unless they are fully aware of the repercussions."

She took a seat across from the Vega. ďNo one should have to mope around on their birthday, especially alone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vangelo
Vitae
Vitae

Male 34

PostSubject: Re: Music Heals the Soul, not the Body   February 8th 2014, 4:12 am

"Luckily, my Line has no such repercussions in regards to our abilities. Fear is such an easy thing to manipulate. Though most of my Line prefers the Fang method of feeding," he replied, bowing his head back and then leaning back slowly into his chair. "In fact, fear is probably the most primal of all emotions. It's been around since the first of our human cousins writhed out of the primordial soup."

The violet-eyed Vitae fell silent for a moment, before turning his head to fully face Radraven. "I mope alone because the last time someone else came to me on this night, they were complaining about some trivial matter. Something to do with another of the Lines taking a human that my Childe had their eye on. I remember broken bones and a bloody nose was the ending, for bothering me with such trivial matters, when all they had to do was out-wit the other, which is something I fully expect of my Line. No lackwits among us."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mythos
RPG Moderator
RPG Moderator

Female 19

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Music Heals the Soul, not the Body   May 24th 2014, 1:44 pm

"The Vega have always been Malkavalian by nature due to their abilities and I have often found myself pondering the great quote 'It is better to be feared than loved.' Our bloodlines seem to go hand in hand. Love and fear. Both very strong emotions, much stronger than the Requiem's lust for anything pleasurable." She sat there for a few hearbeats in silence, her bi-colored gaze shifting this way and that, taking in each strong feature of the Elder Vega's face. He was handsome in that dangerous, exotic fasion. And it had always been the dangerous that had called to Radraven. She dropped her gaze nearly abruptly as she felt the swell of her abilities rise up against the tight reigns she kept upon them.

"I know many did not trust Kain. He was the Spoiled Brat Prince of our eternal family. My mother loved him like a son and she had named him her heir. I had loved him almost the same as my mother loves my father. I thought he had loved me, but his sudden departure made me realize that I wasn't what he wanted at all. He is used to his vagabond ways. I can't fault him for that I suppose but now it has fallen to me to lead the Teniszben, and I will not let Kain's ghost haunt this City nor my Children any longer. The other Lines will learn to respect us as they do the others and I will show the Council that I have earned my right as my mother's heir."

Radraven leaned back almost casually in the chair she occupied, marveling for a moment at its extreme comfort despite its nearly hardened facade. Her boot clad feet were propped up on the table in front of her, crossed at the ankles. The boots she wore were fairly worn Harley Davidson work boots. A pair she ususally favored when riding. The light grey jeans had seen better days and were faded to a near white hue, sporting various rips that showed glimpses of pale flawless skin beneath. The long sleeved black shirt sported an advertisement for one of the more infamous Bike Week marathons that the Humans were always hosting around the United States.

"Shall we get drunk and celebrate your 5,000 years together and forget all about the trivial matters of Council and Bloodline politics for several hours?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music Heals the Soul, not the Body   

Back to top Go down

Music Heals the Soul, not the Body
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1