AuthorMessage
Draven
Site Owner
Site Owner

Female 461

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Nightmares and Memories    March 10th 2017, 4:26 pm

The Montriarch let her fingers trail almost lovingly over the thick glass enclosure that encased a scrap of ancient papyrus. It was a piece of a journal that she had written thousands of years ago when she had still been Human, the very night Anubis had claimed her as his champion. A part of her almost longed for those days, a welcome reprieve from the chaos that was now the modern world. It had been almost simpler back then. Though there were more luxuries now in this day and age. Her gaze drifted beside the encased papyrus and caught sight of the momento of Dasani's past. An old coin that was stamped with the Roman senate sigil. He had adopted the name Dasani after his Transformation, but he had been born as a prominant Roman senator. Now he was just a memory. She mourned, but it was no where near as painful as it should have been, at least for the loss of her former husband. No, what hurt her the greatest was the loss of her daughter. Radraven had been the best of both of them. Powerful even though she was young. Troubled from her failed relationship with Kain but caring and generous with her time among the Vitae's. Now her light was gone.

Draven turned her head faintly towards the near indestinct sound of silent movement behind her. Immediately she knew it was Li. He held a prominant calm aura about him that seemed to bring a sense of peace where ever he went. She felt her anger, her rage instantly subsiding. Lately, it had been Fallon that had this affect on her and she had contributed it to his former Bloodlines abilities. Where as Fallon's knack for calming her seemed serene, peaceful and comforting, almost loving in a way, Li's was more protective. The Montriarch turned her head to glance over her shoulder at him. The Asian descent was evident in his uptilted, almond shaped eyes. It was in the graceful way he held himself as he stood in the doorway to the vault she had in the lower level of he rown estate. His arms were held in front of him, slid inside the sleeves of the opposite arm. His back was nearly ram-rod straight.

"Tonight seems like a night for remembering the past." She said softly, her voice echoing only faintly with the power of the blood that flowed through her veins. It was seductive without the intent for it being so, but it also sounded inhuman. What some had unjustly called Demonic. "There is a sadness that has enveloped me that I can not shake. It has lingered since Trine's first Death by my hand. I do not relish killing my own Children, but there is a time for when it is necessary."

Her black gaze glittered red for a moment before darkening. "Have we heard more from Europe? Do we know if it was truly Trine that took my family from this world, or is it a Demon posing?"

Color Claim:#00ff00
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bloodchronicles.net
Li Jenjadi

Male 9

PostSubject: Re: Nightmares and Memories    March 10th 2017, 5:20 pm

The man remained silent for a long moment, after moving into the vault. Hearing Draven speak to him, he turned his head to face her.

"Tonight seems like a night for remembering the past."

Her voice echoed faintly with the power of the blood that flowed through her veins. It was seductive, but also inhuman. And Li remained unaffected by it. A product of his upbringing.

"There is a sadness that has enveloped me that I can not shake. It has lingered since Trine's first Death by my hand. I do not relish killing my own Children, but there is a time for when it is necessary."

Her black gaze glittered red for a moment before darkening. "Have we heard more from Europe? Do we know if it was truly Trine that took my family from this world, or is it a Demon posing?"

At this last question, Li slid his hands free from his sleeves, and lifted one to remove his sunglasses, showing eyes that gleamed silver for a long moment, before returning to their natural brown.

"It was Trine. Confirmation will be sent, via trusted contacts to three of the Council," came the reply, as Li folded his sunglasses closed and slid them into a pocket within his jacket.

Last edited by Li Jenjadi on March 10th 2017, 5:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draven
Site Owner
Site Owner

Female 461

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Nightmares and Memories    March 10th 2017, 5:46 pm

A soft sigh slid past her lips as she lowered her head faintly, eyes closing as the words from her bodyguard gripped her heart in a tight fist. She inhaled a trembling breath, letting it slowly out through her nose. The Montriarch lifted her head, her shoulders set in determination as she turned fully to face Li.

"Sanguine's defenses must be fortified. I want you to personally work closely with Fallon on this. He has skills that will be required, but does not know all of the ins and outs of this city like you or I do. Security must be tightened. No one in or out until this matter with Trine is finally settled."

She took a moment to think, letting silence settle almost comfortably between them. "I will handle Trine personally. I destroyed him once, cast him into the Ether. I will do so again and this time, I will ensure that he will be unable to return." Draven moved away from the glass cases, shifting towards the Jenjdai with grace. "I want details on where he has gone, what he is doing, everything. I want him shadowed if possible. Have Kenyon pay a visit to Rowan Shayne. She may be able to help. She is a very gifted Witch and could possibly give us insight on how to keep Trine's soul away permanently."

She thought back to the battle between her and Trine. The woman he had always been seen with. Draven knew her to be a powerful and unique breed of Shifter, a Dragon, if she was not mistaken and one that was of royal blood. A light seemed to click and she nearly whipped around in a flurry of darkness.

"Ryojin." The Montriarch said suddenly. "She was Trine's companion for many centuries. She is a Shifter and if I am not mistaken, the last of her Bloodline. She will not be hard to track down. Where she is, I want eyes on her. He will return for her, I am almost sure of it."

Back to top Go down
Li Jenjadi

Male 9

PostSubject: Re: Nightmares and Memories    March 17th 2017, 1:29 am

A soft sigh slid past her lips as she lowered her head faintly, before letting it slowly out through her nose. She lifted her head, her shoulders set in determination as she turned fully to face him.

"Sanguine's defenses must be fortified. I want you to personally work closely with Fallon on this. He has skills that will be required, but does not know all of the ins and outs of this city like you or I do. Security must be tightened. No one in or out until this matter with Trine is finally settled."

She let silence settle almost comfortably between them. "I will handle Trine personally. I destroyed him once, cast him into the Ether. I will do so again and this time, I will ensure that he will be unable to return."

Draven moved away from the glass cases, shifting towards Li with grace. "I want details on where he has gone, what he is doing, everything. I want him shadowed if possible. Have Kenyon pay a visit to Rowan Shayne. She may be able to help. She is a very gifted Witch and could possibly give us insight on how to keep Trine's soul away permanently."

"Ryojin." The Montriarch said suddenly. "She was Trine's companion for many centuries. She is a Shifter and if I am not mistaken, the last of her Bloodline. She will not be hard to track down. Where she is, I want eyes on her. He will return for her, I am almost sure of it."

"I recommend that you call together the leaders of the different factions within the City and tell them what is happening. Otherwise, they will question the closing of the borders. Furthermore, I request that I be there when you confront him. Afterall, he won't expect anything from a simple Asian servant," he continued, as he pulled his sunglasses out and fitted his them back to his face.

"You know, all this almost reminds me of the day we met," he finished. "Two weeks later, I ended up with a knife in my spine, and you with a new bodyguard. Because of someone I thought I had killed. Seem's to be a pattern with us, Ma'am. Maybe we should start cutting heads off and burning corpses. Make sure they stay dead."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draven
Site Owner
Site Owner

Female 461

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Nightmares and Memories    March 18th 2017, 12:42 pm

Draven snorted faintly. "In this day and age, Li, it seems like even that wouldn't keep them dead. The dead do not rest in Sanguine apparently. The veil between worlds is thin here. It is why I chose this territory for Sanguine's boundries."

She slipped past him and through the door, leading the way back upstairs from the vault. The heels of her knee-high boots echoed faintly off of the black marble floor underfoot as she ascended the wide staircase. "Contact Cade of the Wolf Pack. Have Kenyon pass the word to Rowan and the Coven. Pick someplace public where they all agree to meet. I want everyone there. All Bloodline Vitae's, every leader of any supernatural faction within this City. You are right, they must be made aware of the situation."

Samuel waited at the top of the stairs for his Mistress and Li. As he watched her come up over the last stair, he noticed that there was a set determination in her stance. She held herself regally straight, her posture holding confidence that she had not had in several years. It was almost as if Draven was returning back to her former self. A woman of confidence, prowess and seductive grace. He noticed it most of all in her eyes, the way they drew the focus and attention, even from someone as emotionless as him. There was a faint smirk that touched a single corner of his mouth.

"Welcome back, Lady Draven."

Back to top Go down
Li Jenjadi

Male 9

PostSubject: Re: Nightmares and Memories    March 28th 2017, 10:02 pm

"Perhaps not, but they'd stay dead longer, I'm sure," he continued, as he folded his hands into his sleeves. Turning, he followed her, his face thoughtful as he did.

"Cade and Rowan. And the Vitaes. As you say, Boss."

At the sight of Samuel, some of the tension left him. The only people he relaxed around since Turning were now in the room. As he did, he let his mind dip into the future, his eyes shifting silver as he did.

"Doesn't look like it'll be a problem to get them all together. And there shouldn't be any problems between me and Fallon settling the borders. Although, it appears that Cade and Rowan are going to wonder why your youngest Childe is informing them of this, instead of someone older."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draven
Site Owner
Site Owner

Female 461

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Nightmares and Memories    March 30th 2017, 7:29 pm

"Hmm, good point." The Montriarch paused for a moment at the top of the stairs, turning her head just enough to glance over her shoulder towards Li. "Then perhaps it would be best if I speak with them ahead of time. Warn them that someone will be seeking their council on my behalf. Though because of it's importance, I doubt they will wonder too long."

She turned to face away from her bodyguard. "For now, get some rest, Li. I feel that we will need all the strength we can get in the times to come."

-`-`-`-

He watched her as she slept. She tossed and turned, almost as if her subcouncious knew he was near. Her eyes moved rapidly behind closed lids. Even in her rest she was vigil. He had chosen well. Though she had been born with the gift of sight and the unheard of ability to communicate directly with the Gods, there was a draw to her that even he had felt. Reaching out cautiously, he let the tips of his fingers trail lightly over the flawless snow white skin of the curve of her jaw line. She was still as beautiful as ever, more so now it seemed. This life suited her more than either of them thought. Anubis gave a soft sigh, trailing a single thumb over that lush lower lip of hers. So perfectly curved. He had denied lusting after her, but he had been lying to himself for her desired her greatly. He knew each dark secret she harbored. He knew what drove her crazy just as he knew how to please her. He had been her first, and she had given herself freely to him in order to exact revenge on those that had taken her life. His very own Priests.

Draven moved in her sleep, the subtle pull of her lower lip between her teeth was a gesture sensual enough to make any man crave her. He had watched over her, always. He knew of her past transgressions against the Humans and certainly did not fault her for the swathe of blood she had left in her wake for nearly 4,000 years. He faulted himself. He gave her those abilities, he was the one to make her what she was. He knew that without such carnage, she wouldn't be as strong as she was now. In his human form, she nearly rivaled him in power. He reached out with his free hand, fingertips moving slowly up the inside of her right calf. So soft. He moved higher, taking his time. He watched his own hand as it slid beneath the red silk that covered her to touch the sensitive flesh at the inside of her thigh. A strong grip on his wrist stopped him.

"You tread a thin line, Anubis." Her voice was as seductive as he remembered it. Husky with the edges of sleep, breathy and singing with the power of the blood that flowed in her veins. His power.

"Surely you can not fault a man for touching such a temptation." He replied, his voice deep, rich and nearly booming. There was a faint accent that would ordinarily be hard to place.

"The only reason you're not missing that arm is because I knew it was you. Do not touch me like that again, Anubis." Slowly, Draven let go of his wrist, pulling the sheet up against her. The crimson silk did little to mask the fact that she wore nothing beneath it but skin.

He sat back for a moment, his red gaze searching her own for the sincerity of her words. He was surprised and even more intrigued to find that she meant them. "You have a consort?" He inquired, fascinated by the emotion in her eyes.

"Not anymore. We separated five years ago and he is now among the dead."

The God leaned forward, his sinful mouth a breath away from her own. "Then I will be your consort."

A single, perfectly shaped brow quirked up and she tilted her head back away from his, more for breathing space than anything else. "You think it will be that easy to win my favor after 8,000 years?"

The Montriarch caught the subtle flash of anger in Anubis' gaze, but he quickly masked it with another heart stopping grin.

"Naturally not. I know you, Draven, better than any other here. Why do you deny it?" He tilted his head lightly to the left. His right hand lifted, the backs of his large fingers trailing faintly over her bare shoulder and down along her upper arm. "I know your desires. I know what pleases you."

"There is more to it than just knowing what I want, or what pleases me." She replied, standing from the sea of silk. She wrapped the large sheet around her small frame, securing the ends of it beneath her arms to keep it firmly in place.

"There is someone you are growing to desire." Anubis made it a statement rather than a question.

If the Montriarch had the ability to blush, she would have been beet red. As it was she felt slightly uncomftorable admitting it to herself when she had barely known him long enough to desire him.

"Yes." She replied simply, feeling a subtle weight lifted off of her shoulders with the admition. The God stood, looming over her with his seven foot tall stature. Taunt sun kissed skin greeted her vision as he crowded into her personal space, forcing her to back up against the wall beside the white marble fireplace. Since Fallon's arrival in Sanguine, she had taken to sleeping in one of the guest rooms. There were simply too many reminders in her personal chambers. Perhaps she would have Samuel remove the furniture and replace it with new.

"He is of noble birth like your former consort?"

"Being of noble birth or not makes no difference to me, Anubis. He is a good man and that is what matters."

He crowded her, leaning forward and placing a forearm against the wall beside her head. "How is it that a Vampire can rival a God?"

Her head tilted, her red gaze taking in each perfectly proportioned feature of his face. "Because I do not crave more power, Anubis. I do not seek it out. All I want is to protect Sanguine, to protect those that call this place home, Human or otherwise. I built this haven for a sense of safety, something I did not have serving in your temple. It was a long time ago and I do not fault you for what happened. I spoke the truth but those Priests were too corrupt. They killed me to try to hide their lies."

"They killed you because you threatened their power base."

The Montriarch nodded once. "Yes and if my assumptions are correct, I feel they may have played a part in your dethronement of the Underworld."

The God stiffened and pulled back away from her almost abruptly. Even after all these years it was still a sore subject for him. To be cast aside like refuse. "To be honest with you, Draven, I have grown weary of seeking revenge on Osiris. He can keep the throne."

For a moment, she was speechless. She stared at him as if he had spouted another six heads on his shoulders. "You gave me this Immortality for what purpose, Anubis? You claimed I was your champion, that you would call on me when you needed my services. I have been patient for over 8,000 years for the day you would come calling and now you're saying what? That this day will never come?"

"Yes. I thought perhaps you and I could rule this city of yours. It seems you have greater enemies plotting against you."

"I always have enemies plotting against me. Perks of being the Montriarch." She reached up and ran the palms of her hands over her face as a deep sigh caused her shoulders to droop. "Why are you here? And I don't just mean in Sanguine. Why are you in this realm?"

He ran a massive hand through short, spikey black hair. His powerful, lean build looked even more delightful in black denim jeans that were so new there was still the creases from where they had been folded on a shelf. A long sleeved plan black t-shirt and brand new black motorcycle boots was the only clothing Anubis wore. There was no jewelry or trinkets nor any other significant marking that pegged him for what he was. He gave a deep sigh before turning back to face her.

"Your former companion that goes by the name of Trine is the reason why I am here, both in Sanguine and in this realm. He has been siphoning souls both lost and stolen. It would seem he is using them to gain strength. It was how he managed to escape the Ether."

Back to top Go down
Li Jenjadi

Male 9

PostSubject: Re: Nightmares and Memories    March 30th 2017, 11:07 pm

"As you say, Boss," he remarked, bowing, as he watched her leave. Turning, he nodded to Samuel and left the room, to find his own, where, recently, he had installed a sensory deprivation chamber, to help him focus his new-found abilities as a Vampire.

Some few hours later, he was outside the door of one of the guest rooms, his eyes shining with silver light. The door opened with no sound, and he stepped in, equally silent, just in time to catch the last of the conversation between Draven and her visitor.

"Yes. I thought perhaps you and I could rule this city of yours. It seems you have greater enemies plotting against you."

"I always have enemies plotting against me. Perks of being the Montriarch. Why are you here? And I don't just mean in Sanguine. Why are you in this realm?"

"Your former companion that goes by the name of Trine is the reason why I am here, both in Sanguine and in this realm. He has been siphoning souls both lost and stolen. It would seem he is using them to gain strength. It was how he managed to escape the Ether."

"Excuse me, Boss. I wasn't aware we were supposed to have visitors," came the Asians voice, as he folded his hands into his sleeves. "In fact, if I understand it correctly, I suppose I should object to the fact that he's in your room, and remove him," he continued. And then he paused for a moment, as his nostrils visibly flared.

"Any particular reason your room smells of wet and burning dog, both at the same time?" he asked, turning his silvered-eyes towards Draven. The fact that she was naked, save for a sheet, didn't seem to bother him, though the presence of a "visitor" clearly did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draven
Site Owner
Site Owner

Female 461

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Nightmares and Memories    April 1st 2017, 5:27 pm

Anubis stepped back from the Montriarch the moment he felt the others presence. He dropped his arm, though his fingers ached to touch her again. He would find a way to make her his. Perhaps a visit to this Vampire she coveted was in order. He knew that he wouldn't dispose of him, it would hurt Draven too much and that was something he would never and could never bring himself to do. He was, however, a God and if he couldn't beat the man that was quickly stealing her heart, he may as well join him, meld their essences together. The God turned, his red gaze staring straight at the newcomer. The silver eyes of this Asian Vampire a tell-tale sign that he had been gifted with Draven's ability of Sight. He was glad that it had not faded over the centuries. He gave the Vampire his signature grin, a charming gesture that was both endearing and imposing.

"You must be Li." Anubis stated, moving towards the other, much smaller man. He held out his large hand for the Vampire to shake. "Not that she needs it, but I am glad to see that someone is watching over her."

Back to top Go down
Li Jenjadi

Male 9

PostSubject: Re: Nightmares and Memories    April 3rd 2017, 10:54 pm

Li glanced at the offered hand, and then allowed his eyes to raise, to meet Anubis'. His own hands remained folded into his sleeves, as he turned his head towards Draven once again.

"Shall I remove him?" he asked. "Shouldn't take much. A rolled newspaper ought to do the trick," he continued. "At least, that's what my parents used on dogs who needed trained."

He turned his eyes back towards Anubis, allowing the Sight to fade, so his eyes shifted back towards the natural brown he had been born with.

"Or, if he's to be given a room, I'm sure we can put plastic on the furniture, so it doesn't get dog fur on it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draven
Site Owner
Site Owner

Female 461

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Nightmares and Memories    April 7th 2017, 7:38 pm

Draven fought the faint snicker that threatened to curl the corners of her lips. She covered it nearly expertly by reaching up and rubbing the tips of her fingers against the center of her brow. She cleared her throat faintly before directing her words towards Li.

"No, Li. Anubis does not need to be shown out. If he wishes to grace Sanguine with his presence, then he is welcome to stay here until rooms are provided at Cerulean." The Montriarch made it clear with her words that although the God was welcome in her home, it would not be a permanent place of residence for him. Had he upset her that much?

Anubis felt a tick form beneath his right eye, but he took a step back from the Asian Vampire with a great deal of effort on his part. He would easily swat the other away like a gnat, but again, he knew it would cause Draven pain. Had she made him soft? Weak? Perhaps but a man normally becomes both weaker and strong when close to the one thing he covets most. The God took one last look at her before excusing himself.

"The offer is appreciated, my dear, but unecessary. I have acquired a vacant estate for my stay in the city. Legally. The deeds have been processed through your law firm as of an hour ago. I am now the owner of Blackstone."

This time, it was the Montriarch's right eye that threatened to twitch. Blackstone had been Dasani's estate before they had gotten married. It had sat vacant for years. She had contemplating gifting it to Fallon and the Faboan when the time came. Now, it seemed, it would belong to Anubis until he returned to his own realm. If he ever did.

"Well, I do hope it serves you better than it's former master, Anubis." She managed to squeeze out, peridot hued eyes flashing almost dangerously. Though she valued the gifts he gave her, there were times when she wanted to smack the smug and arrogant expressions off of his face. Right now was one of those times. For the most part they got along, until Anubis tried to play the ownership card with her.

"I am sure it will. A little finess and it will be in good working order again. I will let you get some rest, Draven. There is much you and I must discuss come nightfall."

Without another word, the God disappeared in a warm golden breeze and a spray of desert sand.

Back to top Go down
Li Jenjadi

Male 9

PostSubject: Re: Nightmares and Memories    April 16th 2017, 1:33 am

"As you say, Boss," he remarked, staring at Anubis. He allowed an eyebrow to raise, as Anubis stepped back from him, but said nothing, as Draven and Anubis spoke. He did allow his eyes to narrow, at the mention of Blackstone.

He shifted his weight slightly, and then froze again, as Draven commented on Blackstone. And then Anubis was gone, leaving sand in his wake. With a frown, Li glanced at Draven.

"Should have let me remove him, Boss. He'll be trouble, as long as he thinks he has freen reign to come and go as he pleases. But, you know best," he finished, bowing, and turning to leave. "Sorry for bothering you," he remarked, as he pulled the door shut behind him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nightmares and Memories    

Back to top Go down

Nightmares and Memories
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1